“A fabulous day sailing on the Independence !!!”

Independence Sailboat Charter
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We booked a full day sail with Captain Pat and First Mate Andy for a full-day sail with a max of 6 guests. The day was perfect from start to finish. Pat and Andy were wonderful host and Pat is an amazing sea captain. Guest are pampered with a wonderful gourmet lunch and drinks all day. We stopped at two different places to snorkel and there was no pressure to "hurry" as we have experienced with bigger groups. It is definitely worth the price to pay more for the "smaller experience" as Pat would call it. The boat is beautiful and well-maintained yet you are made to feel right at home on her. Thank you so much Pat and Andy. We will see you again should we be fortunate enough to return to St. Thomas.

1  Thank tcupps

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I love to sail, well I love to go sailing, not actually doing the work, yes work of sailing. It was a perfect day... good wind, good seas, good food and drink, incredible sites of sea life. Could not have experienced a better day on land or sea. Thanks so much

1  Thank MaddogLakeAdger
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We spent the day with Captain Pat and Andy on our last trip to USVI in January 2013. She came highly recommended by my niece. It turned out to be the best day of our vacation. We were staying on St John so we took the ferry to Red Hook where Pat met us with the dinghy and took us to thesailboat. I really appreciate that she took us out even though it was just the two of us. It was a bit rough and windy but we are used to the water and were ready to sail. Captain Pat sailed us to Great St James and Little St James island. We had not been to either spot on our previous visits to the island. Andy took us out snorkeling and pointed out things I'm sure we would have missed! It was great having someone so knowledgeable about sea life. The warm shower after our snorkeling was a pleasant surprise too! We were offered Captain Pat's famous Rum Punch. It's the best Rum Punch we have ever had. She gave us the recipe so I'm looking forward to making it someday soon. The lunch was delicious too. She took into consideration our dietary needs which so very much appreciated. We enjoyed our day of sailing, snorkeling, pampering and conversation. Thank you Captain Pat and Andy!

2  Thank Mary K
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Loved our day on the Independence. Captain Pat met us on the pier and we motored out in a dinghy to the Independence. From the moment we boarded the sailboat we were pampered. It was wonderful! Captain Pat took us to a cove to snorkel and we could also see the donkeys on St. John from where we were anchored. First mate Andy served us a delicious lunch that Captain Pat prepared for us. This was the most amazing experience and well worth the money. You will not find a more relaxing day!

2  Thank TheGoffs
Captain_Pat_Stoeken, Owner at Independence Sailboat Charter, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and Andy and I are so glad that you enjoyed your day with us. We love what we do and positive feedback means a lot. We hope to have you aboard again!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This past week my wife and I took a chance. We were in St. Thomas and I just had to get on the water. I was not interested in a standard multi-hull booze cruise, but instead wanted to experience the water on a cruising sailboat.

We searched the internet and Trip Advisor, and then jumped in for an unknown trip with Captain Pat and Independence based upon reviews. I'm so happy that we did.

We are boaters by passion. We were not disappointed. Independence is sure footed with her modified keel and mizzen mast. With Captain Pat at the helm it was a pure joy. She provided sailing tips along the way and wonderful conversations about her journeys around the world raising her family on board.

The day before we snorkeled the famous Trunk Bay, which was nice, however, Captain Pat took us to a much more remote location. The colors were vivid, the water warm and the scenery fantastic. In our opinion, a much better experience than Trunk.

If you are reading this and wondering wether or not to take a chance on Independence, do it. You will love every minute.

Nathan and Deb.