The hotel has a great view of the harbor and is close to the airport. The lady at the office is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is inexpensive for St. Thomas. The room itself left a lot to be desired-- no bugs as other reviewers have noted but a strong smell of roach spray that couldn't be ventilated away. It has the feel of an old motel badly in need of updating. It has a tiny balcony from which to watch the goings on in the city and harbor below, with lots of roosters to announce the morning. We didn't try to pool but it looked fine to me. I would consider this place again for an overnight stay but not for anything longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering fabulous views of the Harbor you can only get from being on Crown Mountain, this guesthouse offers free off street parking, a shared community pool with deck and grill, as well as free WiFi. Each of the simply furnished suites at Sunset Gardens Guesthouse include a fully equipped kitchenettes with kitchenware, a stove with oven, small fridge. Rooms also feature a Flat-Screen satellite TV. Some rooms offer Sofa/Bed and Private Balcony, and others offer a shared balcony. Coin-operated laundry facilities are available 24 hours a day. The nearest supermarket is 1.2 km away while Downtown Charlotte Amalie where you can shop or enjoy the walking tour is 3.2 km from the property. Pistarkle Theater is 8 km away, Mangrove Lagoon is just 12 km away, while Hassel Island is 5 km from the property. Cyril E. King Airport is a 10 minutes' drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunset Gardens Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Gardens Hotel St. Thomas
- Sunset Gardens Guesthouse St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands