“Great day of diving with a first-class crew!”
Review of Blue Island DIvers

Blue Island DIvers
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Island Divers is the premier choice when diving in St. Thomas. Take the road less traveled and dive pristine reefs, historic shipwrecks and explore the underwater world with us! We have over fifty dive sites that many dive operations do not touch due to our convenient and excellent location. We can take you farther and deeper with less time on the boat and more time underwater. Blue Island Divers is a small operation that will cater to your specific needs as a diver, snorkeler or student. We offer personalized diving that cannot be beat in St. Thomas. Come dive with us today!
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Visited St. Thomas last week and booked a 2-tank discover scuba session with Blue island Divers. Annabel took my reservation, and was lucky that a friend on my cruise had also booked diving the same day! My dive instructor was Morgan, the newest member of the staff. She was quite patient with me, as I had not gone diving in 15 months, and took some time to get "back in the diving groove". An excellent, friendly instructor, charming and a lot of fun to dive with! Killian runs a great boat, meticulously maintained, and their gear is first-rate equipment. G's knowledge of all the local dive spots is encyclopedic, with specific details from years of experience. I couldn't have asked for a better day on the water, as friends who were more experienced and certified were easily accommodated at both dive destinations. Would recommend anyone looking to escape the "cattle call" experience contact Blue Island Divers for personalized attention and superb service.

BlueIslandBell, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Island DIvers, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

This " newest member of the crew" just wanted to personally thank you for being such an amazing diver! Thank you for making my job so easy - I always remember why I love my career change when I have divers like you! We hope to see you in St. Thomas again - and very soon! <3 morgan

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Killian and G run a straight forward operation....if you know how to dive and want freedom from the cattle boat operations these guys will deliver. Booked in advanced and was picked up at the dock of the cruise ship...my only regret was that I was not able to find their shop while on land.to purchase a shirt.

1  Thank nathan T

I am so glad you had amazing dives! Sorry you could not locate our shop (too many cruise ship docks haha) - if you want a shirt just shoot us an email at barefoot@blueislanddivers.com - then you will have no regrets! Thank you so much for choosing Blue Island Divers!!!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and I booked a last minute dive. When we got on the boat, the dive master was surprised that we were only Scuba certified. This was a two tank open water dive for which we weren't qualified. Neither of us had dived from a boat before.

We were given little help with our equipment. The dive master went down to be with the much more experienced divers, leaving us stranded on the surface. My wife was freighted when she did't see anyone and returned to the boat. During the first few minutes I was I the water, my weight belt slipped.

I had great difficulty re entering the boat, as it was difficult to remove fins in a heavily trafficked site. Ferris sped past, making re entering the boat difficult and dangerous.

This was not only dangerous, it was potentially life threading. Neither of us were allowed to take the second dive. I made several calls to the Dive Center asking for a refund. I received no response.

Perhaps I should have been wary was I was told not to bring our log books, While they mat provide a good experience for seasoned divers, they seem to care very little for the less experienced diver. The dive master was brusque, rude, and not helpful at all.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had a wonderful dive experience with this dive shop. Killian and G took us to some great spots. I actually did my 500 dive at a perfect site. 4 sharks, green moray eel, turtle and 4 French angels made to dive memorable. Thanks guys

Congrats again on your 500th dive - we hope you choose us for every diving milestone that you have! Thank you for being a loyal customer!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our dive master "G" and skipper Killian were a very fun and very knowledgable crew. We were staying on Water Island and they made the trip much easier for us by picking us up at the dock instead of having to go to their dive shop to start. We only did one day of diving with them, but they made us feel very comfortable with the locations and equipment and were entertaining to hang out with. I wish we could have gone with them again during out stay! And not only were the crew excellent, but the dive sites they brought us to were some of the best Ive been to yet!

Come back and stay on Water Island again - we have many amazing sites that we can explore! Thank you for being awesome and writing an amazing review! Perfect customers equal perfect divers :)