“An Amazing dive trip! Better then the rest.”
Review of Blue Island DIvers

Blue Island DIvers
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Island Divers is the premier choice when diving in St. Thomas. Take the road less traveled and dive pristine reefs, historic shipwrecks and explore the underwater world with us! We have over fifty dive sites that many dive operations do not touch due to our convenient and excellent location. We can take you farther and deeper with less time on the boat and more time underwater. Blue Island Divers is a small operation that will cater to your specific needs as a diver, snorkeler or student. We offer personalized diving that cannot be beat in St. Thomas. Come dive with us today!
Templeton, California
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“An Amazing dive trip! Better then the rest.”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I went diving a few weeks ago with a different dive shop and was dismayed at how many people they packed onto their vessel. Having 20+ divers all trying to see the same wreck/reef really took the intimacy out of the trip and certainly scared all the wildlife away.
I picked Blue Island this time for my next trip and brought along a few of my crewmates. We had a blast and were totally pleased with the small boat, small crew and even smaller compliment of divers. The dive guide and captain were thorough in their safety briefing but didn't waste too much of our time with that- we got right to the diving.
They took us out to the barges and then Spratt point. Although the visibility was less then perfect, we got tons of downtime and saw lots of critters and two great wrecks.
I will not be diving with any other company for the rest of my time in the Caribbean! If you are looking for a true, dive experience- these are the guys. If you want the safety of numbers and a cookie cutter dive-go elsewhere.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank dnaskuly

Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“DJ runs a quality operation providing excellant customer service catering to what a diver wants when on a trip.”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was in St Thomas for a week and dove with BID three times. Each day they were well prepared for the trip with my nitrox tank ready for me to analyze upon arrival. The crew is very friendly and treat you as a guest. I have experienced many different dive operators in many different countries and BID rates at the top. After they saw that I did not need close monitoring they gave me the freedom to explore our dive sites and stay down as long as I had bottom time. I would recommend them highly to anyone diving in St Thomas.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank RSH3
Frisco, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Our amazing diving experience at St.Thomas, USVI”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I went to St.Thomas, USVI to get married in August of this year. And I got scuba certified right before the trip. We found Blue Island divers and we were VERY pleased with their service. We also got lucky because we were only people on the boat and, therefore, recieved all attention, help and support.We did 3 tanks dive. First, we dove Misopportunity (it's like 94 feet ship wreck ) and it was just breathtaking and amazing! Since it was my first real open water diving experience, I was a little scared to go that deep, but oh, God, was I glad that I did it!!! . Second dive,- Hidden Valley - I ABSOLUTELY fell in love with this place. It was just like another underwater world!!!! So beautiful! We highly reccomend Blue Island divers. In our opinion, this is best on the island dive center.

2 Thank GalynaJ
Flowery Branch, Georgia
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Great Dive Experience”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Was on Royal Caribbean cruise and booked through Blue Island. The cruise would not tell me which dive shop they used and I won't dive with a shop unless I can do some research. I booked directly with Blue Island and was gald I did. Blue Island picked us up (next to were the ship's vendor was located), had less divers than the ship's vendor aand were VERY accomidating to my wife's needs. She had knee surgery four month ago and could walk with her tanks on. They brought her tank to the back of the boat and let her remove her tank in the water. The two dives were "guided", but they allowed us to lag behind the group and stop to take pictures. I would dive with Blue Island again if I am in St. Thomas!

5 Thank rprr02
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A little effort was definitely worth it!”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My son and I wanted to scuba dive as part of our Royal Caribbean cruise adventure. We booked our trip to leave from San Juan, with the first port of call being St. Thomas. The cruise offered two different scuba excursions though we had heard that they can often be "cattle boats"; a lot of divers herded on and off the boat in very quick fashion. So it took a bit of research before we cam across Blue Island divers.

We spoke with them via email initially and then by cellphone and the owner was very polite and professional, while at the same time laid back and casual. He told us where and when to meet his boat when we arrived in port. The day came and as we disembarked we saw the two major outfits doing a roll call of about 20 divers from our cruise ship. We were told that Blue Island would pick us up at the docks, about a five minute walkonce we got off the ship. As we walked, we passed a Carnvial cruise ship that was gathering another 20 or so people.

My son and I got to the dockand right ontime, a small dive boat pulled up and called out our names. We were greeted by a captain and a crew of three dive masters. The total number of divers on our trip:5. What a comfortable experience.
The captain told us where we would be diving and made a point of saying that we would be nowwhere near the larger excursion. They dive repeatedly at a reef and they "have wrecked the place" over the years. Our crew set up all our gear for us as we were travelling to first dive; a wreck about a ten minute boat ride from the docks.
When we arrived, we were the only group there. The owner gave us some good preliminary information about what we would see and what we may see. He told us to look out for fire coral and gave us a perfect description of it. That was VERY helpful as we heard about another diver from the "cattle boat"that touched up against it on his dive, ruining his night and most of the next day. He laid out the dive for us and gave us clear expectations on dive time and direction.
We saw incredible things incluing a five foot barracuda and did some awesome swim-throughs.
The next dive was a reef dive and again, we were the only ones there. It was exquisite! We spent an hour and five minutes exploring the reef and has a sea turtle come within five feet of us. The crew handled all of the changing of the tanks and had cold water for us when we got back onboard. One man was seasick and they teneded to him in a caring manner.

I accurately express to you how great Blue Island Divers were. They exceeded our expectations by a long,long way and would highly recommend them.

6 Thank Michael C