“Great Lunch Spot”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped at Amigo's after a day of snorkeling at Coki Beach and Sapphire Bay. Chips and salsa were delish, but the queso hit the spot. We shared a taco plate. The beef had a little more flavor than the chicken. The service was great. $40 meal that including two margaritas plus the tip.

If you're looking for a quick bite to eat for lunch hit this place up.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were there in the off-season. I had soft tacos, which I enjoyed; my wife had enchiladas, which she did not; not anything "wrong" with the food, just different from what we've become accustomed to. Service was OK. Prices in line with local establishments.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The wife and I went over for an early dinner last weekend. The staff was exceptionally nice, the setting overlooks the Harbor, and the food was very good. If you're not drinking, you can walk out of there stuffed for under $50 tip included. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I were driving through RedHook on the way to Coral World and had the munchies. We dropped in and had some enchilladas and margaritas and the meal was good. I have to second the salas comment I saw since I was not impressed. Maybe the salsa wasn't good since I'm from California and the Amigos food was more Tex Mex and in CA we eat chunky salsa fresca. The enchilladas were very tasty even though if you are from CA you will call them flautas and not enchilladas. Margaritas were $5 and were good for the money. Service was good but it would have been worse if there were more people there since the poor waitress appeared to be the only one there that day and she was juggling multiple roles.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Upon arriving at Amigos, we were given complimentary salsa and chips. The salsa was a mixture of tomato sauce and chili powder. I couldn't even eat it. Then came the main course of chicken fajita. The chicken looked and tasted like it had been in a slow cooker for several days. It was also seasoned with nothing but chili powder. The other members of my family had similarly seasoned dishes that were less than appealing. Stay away from Amigos.

1  Thank SharonFromCleveland
MollyMolones, Owner at Amigos Dockside Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Hola SharonFromCleveland!

Muchas gracias for your candid and constructive review. We are terribly sorry you or your party did not enjoy your meal. Our goal is to provide a memorable dining experience for our guests and we could not provide that for you. I can assure you that all of our food is made fresh daily with the highest quality ingredients! We even import our spices from Mexico to give you the authentic flavor. We are also sorry you did not enjoy our complimentary homemade salsa and fresh chips. We have customers trying to buy the secret recipe from us they love it so much, and although tomatoes and chili powder are two of the ingredients, there are definately more than that.
As for your entree, we are sorry you did not care for your Shredded Chicken Fajitas. Our Sizzling Fajitas are usually a crowd favorite, maybe try Grilled Chicken or Steak next time. Also, since we do care about our guests and their experience, please, next time if you are having a bad experience let your server know, or ask to speak with a manager or owner. A little constructive criticism and reconciliation on the spot will help us create a better meal for you and your party. Thank you very much again for your input.

Gracias