“Wonderful experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I recently visited the Northside Bistro while on our honeymoon, upon recommendation by Jim their new chef, who we had met at a local bar one night. The atmosphere was lovely and the piano player was a nice touch to the dining room. The menu is large (something for everyone) and our food was wonderful. I ordered the Ciopinno and my husband had a local fish that was a special. I can also say, after trying Conch Fritters at nearly 6 places, these were the best we had on the island! Northside is also the only Brewery on St. Thomas so we ordered a beer flight to try their three varieties, which I would highly reccommend. The Guavaberry beer was my favorite! They also have an extensive wine selection. You can tell this place has a well run kitchen and staff. I would absolutely eat at the Northside Bistro again!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

When you're on vacation for just a few days, you want to make every experience count, so we chose our restaurants with care. We were thrilled with our experience at the Northside Bistro in St. Thomas, and will visit there again on our next trip. The food was excellent, our waitress delightful, and the setting truly memorable. My husband and I were on a romantic getaway, and we were thrilled with the breath-taking views, the food (we shared the delectable prime rib), and our entire experience. Our meal was reasonably priced, the wine was excellent, and the mood-setting music all went in to making it everything we hoped for. I would highly recommend that you make Northside Bistro a destination stop while in St. Thomas.

1  Thank Mimi F
Reviewed December 12, 2013

What a pleasure it was to dine at the Northside Bistro on my recent vacation to St. Thomas. I am a vegetarian, and they had wonderful options, and my husband is an avid steak-lover and said it was one of the best steaks he had ever had. We were there on a Saturday night, and they had a wonderful band that was a lot of fun!

The staff was friendly and helpful, and this was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had.

We will be back!

1  Thank Betsy M
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I try to visit St. Thomas at least once a year and we always eat at Northside Bistro during our stay. During our last visit, we had Katie as our waitress and she was so fun and made great recommendations. We were there in time for an AMAZING sunset and there was even live music. I highly recommend a visit to Northside Bistro on your next visit to St. Thomas!

2  Thank dexternyc
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our family of 5 adults and 2 children were referred to this restaurant by the caretaker of our home rental in Hull Bay. Upon arriving we were taken aback because there is a tiny parking lot on a steep hill and most people have to park on the side of the very narrow winding road. The windows were open and we looked at each other and said oh no, no air conditioning in August! Even though it was a Saturday evening, we were seated immediately on the patio per our request. We got to watch the sunset our very first night in St. Thomas. The ambiance was beautiful with the piano playing softly in the background, the sound of the waves, and the ceiling fans working overtime....just so relaxing. Our waitress was amazing. As we struggled to find something for the children she asked if a bar menu would help because it had chicken nuggets, french fries that sort of thing. My grown son ate some of his son's french fries and said Mom, you gotta try these.....the best I ever ate! The fish, stuffed shrimp, grouper it's wonderful. This place is pricey but all of St. Thomas is. We ate at Hull Bay beach and the bill was almost the same, just be prepared for higher prices in St. Thomas. We loved our experience and my son and his wife even went back for their anniversary while we were here. Thanks to Sweets and Northside Bistro for a good time. You know a place is good when you run into the ambassador of St. Thomas while eating. What delightful people they were!

1  Thank Pushinback