“The Best on the Island !!”
other travelers have booked this property
Aerial View of Villa Marbella Suites
View from the pool deck St. croix pool view.JPG
Check Availability
dining area
Bathroom
Rainbow
Outside sitting area
wider angle view of your balcony area
Back of Villa
Cruise ship vs the Marriott
Waterfall
View from the front of the villa
View
One of the many ships that will pass by during your visit
Vehicle Rentals Available on site and for airport/ferry pickup!
Private Boat Charters available through Blue Paradise Charters
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 bubbles Excellent - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

WyattBoca
Boca
“The Best on the Island !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

You can't go wrong staying on this property! The view is amazing and once you go there you will NEVER want to stay any where else. Leah & Gunnar are the best hosts you could ever imagine, and will give you the inside "island advice" for things to see. They even have "rent a cars" from the villa so check that out as well. We go there every year and will book it early for next year as its the place to be!!! Another AMAZING vacation!

Liked best: Leah & Gunnar + Jeager
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mar 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! It really was our pleasure. Look forward to seeing you again soon!!
HalcyonDa...
USA
“Experience the real St. Thomas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

Drive to this 'out of the way' property and you will immediately immerse yourself in the St. Thomas 'vibe' and culture! Amenities are basic and clean, but what else do you need besides a nice bed and a beautiful view, since you will be exploring the rest of the island during your stay. The hike to the private beach was fun our first day. The pool was quite refreshing. Though others were staying there, no one else used the pool that we could tell. We had the Frenchman's Bay suite, so had a fantastic view from our little porch with its comfortable easy chairs. On our last night we stopped at a grocery store in Red Hook and bought a roast chicken, cole slaw, and rice and beans, and ate on the porch (with chocolate chip cookies for dessert!). With a hot plate, small frig, and plates and silverware, we couldn't do much cooking (didn't want to anyway!), but there were plenty of bowls and such for breakfast. Had stopped to buy cereal, fruit, and juice on our way in from the airport. Plenty of coffee and tea were provided as well as snack type bars, and drinking water, and a bottle of rum! Wi-fi worked great! Owner Leah was very friendly, and helpful with restaurant and travel recommendations.
We drove all over the island. Be prepared for a wild ride, with minimal or non-existant signage along the way! Magen's Bay is a must see. Take towels and folding chairs provided by the villa for a comfortable afternoon on the beach. We also did a day trip to St. John to visit our 38th national park (USVINP). Get to the ferry dock kind of early - and be prepared to back your car onto the ferry!! Not too hard with the attendant's direction unless you have to maneuver around semi's and cement mixers! We enjoyed the beaches there as well, spending the afternoon at Cinnamon Bay - beautiful!

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
Liked best: The secluded location
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Jul 17, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! We're glad that you had a great time. Look forward to seeing you again in the future!
GypsySoul...
Greenville, South Carolina
“First-Class Villa With First-Class Owners and Unbelievable Views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

I selected "solo traveler" but my mother and stepdad also joined, but had their own room. I stumbled upon this jewel of a place via Tripadvisor. Staying at Villa Marbella was the best decision I've made all year. I had a month vacation between jobs and ended it with a 4 day trip to St. Thomas. I'm in my late 20's and my parents are in their early 60's. It was perfect for both of us. No matter who you are, who you're traveling with, or what your preferences are, Leah and Gunnar (the owners) are willing and able to accommodate your wants and needs. I have NOT ONE complaint about my time at Villa Marbella. My parents wanted to chill at the villa most of the time, whereas I wanted to chill but also go out and explore. We rented a car from them for a very reasonable price. Leah and Gunnar greeted me at the airport with the car and smiling. I stayed in the loft and my parents stayed in a smaller room. Both rooms were perfect for our individual preferences. Leah worked with me beforehand to make sure that I chose the appropriate room for me and the same for my parents. The rooms were super clean, and they provided toiletries, beach towels, beach chairs, coolers, even a complimentary bottle of rum waiting for us in our rooms! The bathrooms were great--awesome water pressure and well-lit. There was a cable, flatscreen tv in each room with a dvd player that was simple to use. Air conditioned with remote, and my room even had its own Keurig coffee maker! There is a swimming pool that overlooks the island--words cannot describe the view. I am a big-time price shopper...all the other places I looked at had some shady reviews but were more expensive. You cannot go wrong with Villa Marbella. They could easily charge twice as much as they do to stay there. It's worth every penny you pay. They will help you plan if you need some suggestions. Every morning I'd wake to my stepdad chatting with them and walk over to my parents room to have breakfast. Each room has a full kitchen with paper towels, dishes, silverware, glasses, plates, microwave-everything. We went to the grocery store our first day and stocked up on food and drink. We saved money and were able to eat what we wanted when we wanted. If you're more interested in leaving the villa to sight-see, it's a simple drive down the hill to everything. I get lost in my own hometown and I had no trouble finding my way to and from the villa by myself. Needless to say, I highly recommend staying here. We are already in the process of planning our next trip here. I can't see myself staying anywhere else but Villa Marbella while in St. Thomas. No exaggeration! No complaints here :)

Did I mention FREE and FAST wi-fi?! I had work to do while there and was able to get that done, which was a priority for me.

5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Private, comfortable, and a friendly atmosphere
Liked least: I truly have no complaints. The only problem is that I had to leave at the end of my trip!
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 8, 2012
Thank you for the amazing review! We were so glad to have you and your parents and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Maria M
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

My husband, 8 yr old son and myself stayed at the Mountainside loft for the week of 6/19 on our vacation in the Virgin Islands. I am so happy to report that every single review I read on this property and its owner was on point. Villa Marbella is a perfect place to stay for the seasoned traveler. Leah was very engaging and accommodating to all of our requests. I felt right at home loading up the rental car with the beach chairs, umbrella, boogie boards and towels Leah provides for her guests. The property is nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood and the views are absolutely stunning. It was a perfect home base for us as we explored St. Thomas and the surrounding islands. We look forward to a return trip to St. Thomas and would most definitely stay at Villa Marbella.

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 4 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Jun 28, 2011
It was a pleasure having you here! Thank you!!!
saintlycr...
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Paradise in St. Thomas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

I would highly recommend staying with Leah and Gunnar. They have thought of everything you could possibly need on your vacation without you having to pack it. Some of the examples are a large tote bag, cooler, binoculars (great for the spectacular view you get), snorkle equipment (which they have a private beach that you can walk down to), etc.

They were always handy when you needed them for advice on where to eat, what to see, etc. And, they were always right on.

If we go back to St. Thomas, we would definitely stay with Leah and Gunnar again!

5 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing