“Alex is the best!”
Review of Sun Sea Charters

Sun Sea Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For 10 years Sunsea Charters has been specializing in private excursions throughout the US and British Virgin Islands. Whether your idea of fun is snorkeling, island hopping, tubing, surfing, or even cliffdiving, Sunsea has the most experienced, local captains to make the most memorable day of your vacation.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We spent the day with Alex, and he really is an expert! He knows his boat, which is immaculate, and the Carribean, since he was born and raised there. It was an awesome day. He picked us up at Red Hook, and took us to some beautiful water on the north side of St. John where we snorkled. We had lunch from a cute little deli on St John and headed back out. He was very informative of the area. My only regret is that we did not go to a beach to relax for a while. My mistake for not saying anything because I know he would have accommodated us in a heartbeat.
After a full day he dropped us back at the dock where our cruise ship was. It was a fun day. Thanks Alex

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were on a Disney cruise (Fantasy) last week with 3,700 of our closest frineds. So when we put into St. Thomas, we took advantage of 1/2 day with Alex. He is obviously a very experienced Capatin, his boat was terrific, and the day was sunny and warm He did a magnificent job for the five of us. My wife (we are 60 plus), my son and daughter-in-law, 35 plus. and my pride and joy, grandson Jacob, five.

Well, two things occourred that could have ruined the entire vacation and I give credit to Alex for saving the day!

The day was warm but windy and the water pretty choppy. So when Alex got into open water, he raised the bow to plane, and we were off. The boat was bouncing and hitting the water as one would expect. My wife is not fond of speed much less being bounced around like a ping pong ball. I took one look and knew i was in some trouble. She announced she would be taking the ferry back which in actuality was worse that day. Alex acknowlwdged but stayed the course and said things would be calmer when we reached a nice littile beach he had in mind. Sure enough, as we approached the beach, the water was calm and blue to the bottom. My Grandson and I got out and swam and played on the beach.

My wife,son and daughterinlaw proceeded to get into a family scrape over who knows what. next thisng I know Alex is making peace, And he just stayed out and kept on talking aobut anything and everything.

We ended up in a little snorkling area that was safe and had a great amount of fish and sea life to the clear bottom. Jacob was very brave and jumped off the back of the boat into the somewhat cold water!

I would recommend Alex in a heartbeat especially if you have a diverse grpoup to please. Oh...My family made up later that night and we had a wonderful vacation...In great part due to the skill and psychology of our Brave captain---Alex..

1  Thank aroundtheblock62
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a phenomenal day with Captain Alex! Alex was a great tour guide to the area. He did a great job of reading our group with deciding how best to spend our day, and took us to check out some great views and some great beach bars. He was a pleasure to spend the day with exploring the BVIs. He is very professional and very personable! I highly recommend him!

1  Thank cly113
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Captain Alex ensured a memorable day of perfection. First of all his boat is flawless & in pristine condition!!! He is extremely professional & didn't miss a beat to ensure our family had a day to remember! He knows exactly where to take you for the best snorkeling & then practically delivers you to shore to visit the highlights of the area. I highly recommend chartering his services. I just hope I can get back some day soon! Thank you Captain Alex :)
Jamie & my daughter Chelsea

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Fortunately for us, Captain Alex was referred to us by another boat captain in the area. We had an amazing day with him exploring St Johns & the BVI. He took us to a great area to snorkel & then to Soggy Dollar. Not only did we find Alex to be very professional, but he was extremely competent & knows the area very well. We can't wait to come back & visit. We would definitely call Captain Alex again!!

1  Thank Michele8386