WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
Detroit, Michigan
“Buyer Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here on my last business trip. These are rented condos that I chose because they advertised wi-fi and cable tv. The unit had no Internet access of any kind and cable consisted of 12 channels -- 8 were local access or shopping. Even worse than this was the service. I checked in just before 5. No one to help with luggage and as soon as I checked in, the office closed. I was pointed to my room and given a cell phone number to call if any issues. Upon arriving at my room -- which was unlocked with the key inside, I immediately called about the issues above. The "manager" was completely unsympathetic and offered exactly zero assistance. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
20 Thank MidwestSailor83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Perhaps one of the best places on the island. Not the fanciest, however,the location is one of the best with views of St. John's and the British VI from our porch. Reasonably priced and well located less than 1 mile from Red Hook with let's of restaurants, shops and the ferry to St.John. We stayed at C-6 for many years, liked it and will return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank perlfather
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in B-11 (Home Away 245229 in August 2012. We have been on St. Thomas many times in the last 30 years. We are living in Switzerland and finding a nice place was not always easy. To stay in B-11 was wonderful. The location is awesome and Honey and Steve provided us with everything we needed and made it really easy (payment, contact, information about the house etc.) We are looking forward to go back soon and would like to thank Honey and Steve very much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank rovati
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I can't say enough good things about SHERI'S BY THE SEA IN CRYSTAL COVE. Great facility. Beautiful decor inside and lavish landscaping out. The bed was comfortable. The couches were plush. I felt as if I were at home. All the amenities. Air conditioning, everything in the kitchen you need. Including extras you wouldn't expect. Gorgeous view. I would've been happy to never leave the property. The walk to the beach took about 1 minute. Soo close! The windows open in the condo to hear the waves and to let fresh air in. I truly wanted to stay forever. I will definately be going back. There are trees on the beach so you can stay all day long and not worry about sunburn. It is peaceful. Diane is there to greet you and offer a chair or lounger. She is also good with suggestions of places to eat and things to do. The temperature of the water is perfect. I have never been in more perfect water. Back to the condo. There is a sunroom to sit and enjoy. A den with huge flatscreen and even Dish Network!! Talk about all the comforts of home. The beach is truly in your backyard. It was quiet in our condo. It was everything and more that I could dream of. I will definately be going back. The people are so nice and the property is so well kept. I felt like I was on my own private island. If you have been looking for the perfect place to stay, look no further. Sheri's by the sea is pure heaven!!
SHERI'S BY THE SEA Crystal Cove D28 VRBO# 334452

Room Tip: You won't want to leave! We've stayed a lot of places on St. Thomas and Crystal Cove D28 VRB...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank leshigg
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Sheri's By The Sea Sapphire Beach condo at Crystal Cove was great place to stay at Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas. Sheri is so friendly on the phone that setting up the reservations was actually fun!

When we arrived we used Sheri's pick up services at the airport and her driver gave us a little tour of the island. He dropped us off right at the front door of the Crystal Cove Sapphire Beach condo. It was very clean and comfortable. The bed had a TEMPURPEDIC mattress and was incredibly comfy. There was a master and guest bathroom and the shower was very nice. There were beach towels for us to use and free beach chairs on the beach right near our condo. The kitchen had lots of items for our cooking needs. The on site concierge Norma had the condo stocked with food. On our last day our plane didn't leave until the evening so Normal let us to stay in the condo for some additional time. Our drive to the airport had another scenic tour as well as a fast stop for last minute shopping.

If you are looking for a Sapphire Beach condo to relax for a few days, this is the place to go! The owner, Sheri, is wonderful and the Norma the concierge was so helpful. Renting with a personal touch from Sheri was so much better than that corporate feeling you get at big resorts.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank IAmAConstantTraveler
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family had a great place to stay on beautiful Sapphire Bay in St. Thomas, USVI at Sheri's by the Sea. The condo comfortably accommodated my wife, 2 girls and I for 9 days. We enjoyed a scenic view of the crystal clear waters of Sapphire Bay from our living room. The family enjoyed daily snorkeling trips to the beach that was only 75 yards from our front door. The beach offers a full service water sports desk to rent trips and equipment for just about anything you would want to do. Sapphire beach is particularly blessed with a substantial Sea Turtle population thanks to its abundant sea grass patches they feed on. Sheri's by the Sea is a couple of miles from Red Hook Bay which rightfully boasts a lively night life, shopping and eateries.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Andy L
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I are lucky enough to travel often and have numerous experiences in different lodgings. We visited St. Thomas previously and had a nice visit, but wanted something "more". Trip Advisor has not steered me wrong, and the reviews on B-11 were right on target. Our stay here was July 26-Aug 1, 2012. What a great experience!! Truly a fantastic deal on a great place! The owners, Honey and Steve obviously work hard to make their vacation home warm and welcoming. Steve was very communicative and thorough will all the details. We arrived to a clean, cool, and spacious unit that has a nice view of the ocean -- you are literally a hundred steps from the sand! So awesome. It truly felt like I was visiting someone's home - the unit itself is a nice size, featuring a king size bed (very comfortable), 2 murphy beds (twin size, also thick plush mattresses) and a futon in the bedroom. There are two full sized bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a shower/bathtub (VERY important I have a bathtub to soak in on vacation!). This place has a small but very ample kitchen, including many extras - pots/pans, dishes, coffee maker, etc. They even have a BRAND new stove. We cooked several meals. Also another super plus is the full sized washer/dryer in the unit - I was able to wash clothes and come home with no laundry to do! Steve and Honey graciously provide many extras - lots of beach towels, pool toys, snorkel equipment, extra blankets/pillows (clean/fresh/new). They have a huge DVD library and many many books for extra entertainment; we spent our late nights watching "Planet Earth" and "Finding Nemo" on the big screen TV in the living area. There is also a nice patio area in the back to hang wet swimsuits and towels. Included in this unit is an outside grill - we did not grill but noticed lots of other families. The location itself is gorgeous - Sapphire Beach is beautiful and clean. We enjoyed great snorkeling right off the beach, swimming with 2 sea turtles, a sting ray, and a baby barracuda! There are also (free for guests, but it's good to tip the attendant) beach chairs that are clean and plentiful. We had such a great time we are hoping to make this a yearly trip. I just hope they're not all booked up, because this is a super place to stay!! Thank you, Steve and Honey, for allowing us to visit your beautiful home. PS. The area is gated, and we felt super safe, even in the late evenings.

Room Tip: Stay in B-11 (no doubt)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple