“Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay - Unit B-11 (HomeAway.com/245229)”

Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Truly a "bargain on the beach"! We stayed in B-11 from July 2nd - 9th and had a wonderful time. It was not our first trip to St. Thomas but was our first time staying in B-11. We chose B-11 because of all the great reviews and we were not disappointed. The owners, Honey and Steve are wonderful and will quickly respond to any questions or concerns you may have. The unit was clean and nicely decorated and stocked with everything you will need. We had a great vacation and would not hesitate to come back to B-11.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank vaca921

Reviewed July 2, 2012

An important part of being a teacher is summer vacation! Each year a group of friends head out for some beach time as soon as school is out. This year we chose St. Thomas. We couldn't have been more pleased with our rental of unit B-11. When Steve and Honey say it is fully stocked they MEAN it. Plenty of linens, beach towels, snorkel gear for all! We also enjoyed the books and movies they provided. This unit is clean and well kept. We were provided with tons of information before our trip to help with our planning. We chose not to rent a car, and next time we probably will. Since we are all very active and walk/run we thought getting into Red Hook on foot wouldn't be a problem. The distance was no problem, it was the safety that kept us from walking. There are very narrow shoulders on the road and cars drive very fast. We found a taxi driver we could call and he readily came and got us. We also took the "safari" bus in several times. Thanks Steve and Honey! B-11 was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank rmccar05
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just got back from a great week-long stay at unit B-11 at Crystal Cove. The unit was just as advertised on HomeAway (Listing# 245229) and was fully stocked with everything our family needed. The unit was clean and well-maintained and came complete with tons of snorkel gear, beach towels, floats, and a huge selection of movies and books. The owners, Steve and Honey, really care about the condition of their unit and about everyone staying there having a wonderful experience. They provided us a wealth of information before our trip and checked in on us during our stay to make sure everything was going well.

B-11 is right on Sapphire Beach. It was our two boy's first time to snorkel and we couldn't have picked a better spot for their first experience. We saw sea turtles, eagle rays, sting rays, and tons of reef fish right off the beach. The nearby marina also had jet ski rentals and parasailing. I would definitely recommend Sapphire and B-11 to anyone looking for a great unit on a postcard perfect beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank SteinerBeachBum
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed in B-11 from 6/5-6/11. I booked this condo because of all the great reviews.Not only was this condo spotless,it had all the comforts of home.The bedding plentiful and above average quality.The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed to prepare meals.They guys in our group loved the new flat screen TV.It was also really nice to have beach towels and a place to hang them to dry .Loved the solar powered clothes line out back.Also had a really nice washer and dryer in the unit.The property was beautiful.We used the salt water pool which was maintained very well.There is a fresh water shower that we we able to use to rinse our scuba equipment.The beach was not crowded and there were always chairs available.Thankyou Steve and Honey for sharing your lovely place with us,we hope to return again .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jojobibs
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was my first visit to the Virgin Islands and I picked St.Thomas to be wtih my boyfriend. It was the greatest experience ever and I honestly cannot wait to go again. Sapphire Beach is beautiful the trees and flowers everything was beautiful. I rented out condo B5 with my boyfriend and it was fully equipped with everything we needed, even the bottle of Cruzan Rum and Coke. I would definitely visit this property again, it was quiet, conveniently close to everything and welcoming. I will definitely keep Crystal Cove in mind my next visit to the Virgin Islands. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KG143
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We got a great deal at Crystal Cove ($1000.00 per person for 8 nights and round-trip tickets). While this place is older, and some of the fixtures are showing their age, Crystal Cove was quite possibly the cleanest and best maintained location I have ever stayed in. Located right on the beach, and only a mile away from many restaurants, shopping, and the ferry, it was the perfect jumping-off point for traveling the island(s), or just hanging out at the beach. The staff was very friendly, and performed their duties with a professionalism uncommon in the occupation.

My only criticism is that I would not pay the same price for Crystal Cove as some of the more updated locations, but if you can get a bargain, I'd recommend you go for it!

Room Tip: These are privately owned condos that are rented out either by the owner or a management company, so...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank srg673
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Our trip was so amazing! My husband and I went in March for my 30th birthday. Usually I am ready to go home after 3-4 days, but after 5 days on St Thomas we were no where near ready to go home. I think I could have stayed forever.

Everything about the condo and our vacation was so perfect, I really don't think it could have been any better (except maybe longer!). Steve and Honey provide pretty much everything you need for your stay and are so helpful answering questions and providing information on the condo, island, etc. And Norma was so great, too, making sure our stay was perfect.

Thank you again Steve and Honey, for sharing your little piece of heaven with us. We hope to return soon! Too bad the condo is already booked for hubby's birthday!

Room Tip: Stay in B~11!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple