“AwesomeTime”

Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was my first visit to the Virgin Islands and I picked St.Thomas to be wtih my boyfriend. It was the greatest experience ever and I honestly cannot wait to go again. Sapphire Beach is beautiful the trees and flowers everything was beautiful. I rented out condo B5 with my boyfriend and it was fully equipped with everything we needed, even the bottle of Cruzan Rum and Coke. I would definitely visit this property again, it was quiet, conveniently close to everything and welcoming. I will definitely keep Crystal Cove in mind my next visit to the Virgin Islands. :)

3  Thank KG143

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We got a great deal at Crystal Cove ($1000.00 per person for 8 nights and round-trip tickets). While this place is older, and some of the fixtures are showing their age, Crystal Cove was quite possibly the cleanest and best maintained location I have ever stayed in. Located right on the beach, and only a mile away from many restaurants, shopping, and the ferry, it was the perfect jumping-off point for traveling the island(s), or just hanging out at the beach. The staff was very friendly, and performed their duties with a professionalism uncommon in the occupation.

My only criticism is that I would not pay the same price for Crystal Cove as some of the more updated locations, but if you can get a bargain, I'd recommend you go for it!

Room Tip: These are privately owned condos that are rented out either by the owner or a management company, so...
5  Thank srg673
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Our trip was so amazing! My husband and I went in March for my 30th birthday. Usually I am ready to go home after 3-4 days, but after 5 days on St Thomas we were no where near ready to go home. I think I could have stayed forever.

Everything about the condo and our vacation was so perfect, I really don't think it could have been any better (except maybe longer!). Steve and Honey provide pretty much everything you need for your stay and are so helpful answering questions and providing information on the condo, island, etc. And Norma was so great, too, making sure our stay was perfect.

Thank you again Steve and Honey, for sharing your little piece of heaven with us. We hope to return soon! Too bad the condo is already booked for hubby's birthday!

Room Tip: Stay in B~11!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrookeRossi
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We just returned from a week in paradise! Our first trip to St. Thomas was wonderful - in part because of the terrific condo we rented. Unit B-11 at Crystal Cove/Sapphire Bay Condominiums West is in an excellent location. The beach is literally at your doorstep - about 150 feet away. Since St. Thomas is a small island, you are never really "far" from anything. We were close enough to be wherever we wanted to be within 20 minutes, yet far enough away to not be bothered by crowds when the cruise ships were in. I would definitely recommend renting a car - it was cheaper than taking taxis everywhere (they charge per person) and you get to come and go as you please. We had alot of fun exploring the island, finding our way around. Red Hook is a great little town right next door - about a mile down the road. There are great bars, restaurants, stores, a food market and the ferry to St. John - very convenient.

About the unit itself: B-11 was very clean and well maintained. The owners (Steve and Honey) are very friendly and they respond right away to your e-mails. They go above and beyond to make you feel at home in B-11. Aside from food, everything you need is there for you when you walk in the door. There is a wide variety of snorkling equipment, a huge closet filled with towels (which was great, since we used ALOT of towels), a small but fully functional kitchen, front-loading washer/dryer, 2 bathrooms, a large living room with a HUGE TV and a very large bedroom. There is also a Murphy bed in the living room, but we did not use it. Everything was very comfortable and clean.

Steve and Honey have compiled a binder with all the information you could need for your stay in St. Thomas. There are tips about what to do and where to go, local menus, directions, etc. It is a very thoughtful "extra touch" by the owners that I thought was great. There is also wireless internet throughout the condo - excellent signal, and we never had a problem with it. There is a large "hotel-type" safe bolted to the floor in one of the closets. It gave me peace of mind to know that our passports and extra cash were locked up while we were out. I never felt unsafe or uneasy - the access to the units is controlled (you need a gate key to get in) and there is security on-site. There are deadbolts on both the front and back doors of the unit, for an added level of security.

This condo is a great deal - I am so glad I found it on VRBO! B-11 is exactly as advertised on the website. I would highly recommend it - I am already planning my return trip!

3  Thank Karen S
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful week-long stay at Sapphire Beach Crystal Cove B-11. The owner, Steve, is easy to deal with and responds quickly to e-mails. He also had great advice about things to do/see and overall tips especially for a first timer to St. Thomas.

The condo was great. It was very comfortable and much larger than I would have thought. The master had a king size bed and futon with its own tv. There was a door to partition the room from the living room, which has 2 twin murphy beds, a huge TV & a blu-ray player. There were 2 bathrooms as well, one on each side. The condo was thoughtfully outfitted with many appliances, comfortable furniture, nice furnishings, plenty of puzzles/games/movies/books snorkel equipment, starter supplies (basic toiletries, paper goods, etc), plenty of dishware, silverware, cookware, BBQ grill & supplies, WiFi & printer, and even little touches like luggage stands and a hotel safe. B-11 was also very clean and well maintained.

It was also very close to the beach (3 min walk through the complex). The complex also has a pool (fairly clean, salt water) and tennis courts.

This was my first time renting from a condo and I was so glad I followed the advice here and rented from a private owner. We got a great deal on the place, had all the hotel amenities (except for daily maid service), saved some money by being able to cook a few meals, and were very comfortable in a sizable place. The location is also great since it's so close to Red Hook's restaurants & shops & the ferry over to St. John.

Overall, highly recommended and would definitely rent again next time we are in St. Thomas

Room Tip: Rent from private owners with good reviews, skip the third parties.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TinaL_424
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spent a week at B-11 "Bargain on the Beach" at Crystal Cove in March 2012. Booked thru VRBO. The owner was very helpful and always available. The unit is exactly as advertised. VERY clean. The kitchen has every appliance you need and they all worked. Lots of room in the unit. Comfy mattress. Nice linens. WiFi works great. The unit has a "hotel type" safe, big enough for a lap top and lots more. I mention this because this is the 6th time we have stayed at Crystal Cove (our first at B-11) and this is the only unit we have seen with a safe. We rented a car and was nice to have plenty of secure parking right behind the unit. The parking lot has controlled access and there is a guard. But here's the best part...just a few steps and you are toes in the sand. Beach is right outside the door. We keep coming back to Crystal Cove because of this beach, good snorkeling and soft sand. Red Hook is a 66 second drive from Crystal Cove (yes, we timed it). Red Hook has a wide range of restaurants from burger shacks to fancy. This little town has just about anything you could need: banks, food market, nice wine/cheese shop, pharmacy, charter/boat trips to other islands and the ferry boats to St John and the British Islands. We highly recommend this unit. We will definitely be back to this one. The only thing I would do differently is that I will stay longer. Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you want a nice place at Crystal Cove go thru the owner (VRBO). If you go thru the Antilles websi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VivianTio-Killoran
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This was my second time staying in B-11 and it was even more beautiful than I remember from a few years ago. The unit upon arrival is spotless, which is very important to me. B-11 is spacious and very well equipped with everything one could possibly need, from an over abundance of towels, (very important for a beach condo) snorkeling equipment to fit all ages and sizes, starter products such as laundry detergent,coffee, filters, shampoo, body wash and conditioner. One could arrive at this place and have every single thing they need except maybe a little food and head right out to the most beautiful beach in St. Thomas. The beds in B-11 are extremely comfortable and on this trip I slept on the king size bed in the beautifully decorated Master bedroom and also later in the week on the Murphy bed in the living room. All beds were equally comfortable and if you slept in the living room and opened the windows the sound of the surf could easily be heard. The beach as I mentioned is spectacular with the most gorgeous views of St. John. Diane is the beach attendant and will place your chair wherever you want it, and will also gladly take family pictures with your camera. The beach is clean and the water is crystal clear with great snorkeling, Sea Turtles could be seen in the sea grass. The beach is not at all crowded because it is for use only for the guests and owners of the condo. There is also a bar on the beach and the waitstaff will come and take your order and bring it back to you. They also served food which was also very good and inexpensive. The area around B-11 is beautiful and lush with mature flowering bushes and the area is very safe even at night to go and take pictures of St. John's lights. The owners of this condo, Steve and Honey are amazing and it is obvious from the first moment you talk to them how interested they are in making sure your vacation is wonderful! A few other facts worth mentioning is that the condo has books, games, puzzles,cards, and an entire cabinet of DVD's ranging from Baby Einstein, Harry Potter and movies suitable for adults. The TV in the living area is 52 inches ( I doubt there are many condos with this size of a TV). The reason I am mentioning this is because although I personally did not watch TV, others in my family did, and I think this is very indicative of the care these owners put in their condo to make a vacation memorable. There is absolutely no possible way anyone could go wrong in renting this condo! The condo is one mile away from the town of Red Hook where there are restaurants, bars, shopping, and a grocery store. You can also take the barge with your car over to St. John from here, which is a quick 20 minute ride.

Room Tip: If you want a great vacation go to B-11!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family