Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$202
$196
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
$224
Olga's Fancy(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$145
$99
Galleon House Bed & Breakfast(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
$96
Bunker Hill Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$100
$96
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
$283
$170
$145
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$175
$203
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice guypool barprivate beachaqua marinepaninisgrocery storelime treerented a carenergy surchargesand fleaswyndham ownersstudio lofttaxi servicestray catscharlotte amaliesmall resortlaid back
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Small comfy villa complex. This is not a hotel or resort. If you expect it to have such facilities you will be disappointed. Unfortunately, one just does not know what to expect.
Nice little beach.... Balconies to relax on, but that's about it. Oh yes, small pool and a bar as well as a a cafe that serves sandwiches etc till 8 pm.
Far from town but cabs are about $6 to $10. Bring everything with you, esp bug spray.
There is no convenience shop here
Iggys bar just a mile or so down the road is a really nice place to spend the evening without breaking the bank. Live music and cheap bar food. Tables are inside and on the beach under the shade of palms.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BhavnaTyagi
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This place really grew on me because there is only a small number of guests around at any one time...the lack of an on site restaurant was not a huge issue as far as food but it does rain off and on and the flies are weirdly aggressive trying to land on your food in the open pool bar. A bug zapper here would be a good idea. The food was above average..I had a tilapia burger twice while there and a nice panini. The young man tending bar was very friendly. I had completely forgotten to pay him and he didn't say a word...later I realized it and went back and paid...he was so cool about it..another older gentleman talked to us about cooking lobsters and catching them...very decent guy...as there weren't many people about it was more intimate because you would see the same people and their families at the pool or when you went on a day trip in a cab...Mr Nice Guy the taxi driver who is affiliated with this resort was quick and reliable...he took us all over. We called him from all over the island and he always came within a few minutes...we only used another cab on the way in...we were "recruited" and taken to Bluebeard Castle instead of Bluebeard club...we paid 24 bucks. We did not realize the error until he left...then we paid another cabbie Mary to take us to the right place...over $50 in total. So call the resort first and call Mr Nice Guy first from the airport...don't bother with anyone else...his faires are much more reasonable and he is fun to listen to. He has a opinion on everything lol. Quite a character. The private beach is beautiful and the grounds are well tended and immaculate. I loved petting the resident cats...they also have a blue heron...you cannot walk safely in or out of this resort to the nearby shopping area..as there is no safe area for pedestrians...that is my only complaint...I would come again though...beautiful little spot...

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Lisa898
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were supposed to be on a sailboat which didn't make it due to weather. These were the only rooms available on St. Thomas and I now know why! First of all the cost per room was supposed to be $229 per night, but what they didn't bother to mention was they add 33.5% room tax. Ouch! The rooms could have been nice, but they were not cleaned properly. Ours smelled like burned food. The bugs were horrendous. I was eaten alive even after bathing in bug spray. The beach is pretty, but not an area for snorkeling. The front desk personnel were very unfriendly. The door to the balcony isn't a slider so you can't leave it open like most places and there we 2 small chairs with a plastic table outside. There are tons of stairs to be navigated so anyone with disability issue should definately avoid this place. I could go on and on, but these are the highlights! For a Wyndham property it was so disappointing!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ddurel
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you for reaching out to provide this information. We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the room and resort accommodations. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home during their stay. We are sorry you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with unit cleanliness issues. Please rest assured we will address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature. Please also note that the additional fee charged is an energy use fee. We appreciate your feedback. Again, thank you for reaching out.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was a vacation of firsts- first time trading vacation weeks with Interval International, first time on St. Thomas, and first time away for Christmas vacation. (kids are growing-ups now).
What we loved most about Bluebeards is that it has a laid back, relaxing kind of feel to it, unlike some of the all inclusive resorts we went to. Our days were spent navigating between morning coffees on the room piazza to reading,swimming,lounging on the beach, (within steps of our boudoir) to partaking of a little libation at the Limetree bar. Basically if we didn't HAVE to move, we dint.
Okay, here is the skinny- go to the Food Center in Redhook for provisions so you don't have to go out for every meal. Have brekkie at the Limetree bar with Captain Bob and try the rum pancakes. Swim in the deliciously warm turquoise waters of the ocean instead of the pool. Nothing wrong with the pool but you can pool anywhere, right? Go to the Blue Orchid for fabulous fillet mignons.(and breath taking views). Do the WOW hike/kayak tour at Megans bay and be sure to stop on the way back at Cup and Cork for yummo sandwiches and iced lattes. (aka nectar of the gods). Sunsets at Bluebeard's beach will take your breath away. (but I wouldn't recommend standing with your mouth open too long because the sand fleas would set up condos there). St. John IS A MUST! Did I mention take a trip to ST. JOHN? Rent a car so you can bomb around the island at will and visit all those places that most tourist peeps never see. I would drive on the left because island people get a bit peeved when you don't. Who knew? There are no rules on the road from what I could gather so don't worry when you make a mistake. (except big wonkin mistakes could get you kilt.) Sorry this is so long but if you wanted the Cliff notes version then you should have bought it at the airport). Bring bug spray for the pesky sand fleas. They live here, okay? They mostly come around in the evening and don't worry if you didn't bring bugspray. Just sit at the bar, order a gin tonic, and rub a bit around your ankles. After a few more gin tonics you won't even notice them anymore. (and your date will look prettier too!).

Long story short- we loved this place and would definitely go back.

The end.

Room Tip: Building B- nearest the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Arrrdrey
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at BBC for a week during December. I give it three stars. The beach is excellent and is the best part! It's very private and beautiful. It also has a first class pool bar with very friendly staff. The resort is in a good location on the island, in close proximity to Redhook. The grounds are kept up well and the atmosphere is very laid back and relaxing.
The rooms are average. They recently did some renovations and they are decent, but there are still problems. Our sink was broken which was fixed in a timely manner, our balcony door didn't really work, and other little things. They cut some corners and if I owned a timeshare I might be angry but I was just visiting...
We tried to buy the room cleaning service for a few days, but the staff didn't even bother to make the bed or clean like two dirty dishes (quite frankly I don't know what they did) so we told them not to come back. I couldn't access the Internet for the first three days and ended up paying for the service three times. You also have to log in every time you use it. I still have a claim out to PayPal for a refund.
The first night they hosted a local wedding which was really obnoxious but after that it was quiet. There is no restaurant at the resort which is inconvenient. To be fair, the pool bar staff offer a sandwich menu and coordinate some meals including breakfast everyday for the guests which is quite good, but they aren't affiliated with the resort (strange). The building that was the restaurant is disgusting and needs to either be totally renovated or just torn down.
While the beach and pool are great, I would try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Don't think you get a choice
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family