Tripadvisor
St. Thomas
Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Sailing & Scuba Certification.

Just returned from fabulous 5 day trip with Micheal and Jess to USVI. Two adults, two teens and an... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
N6366MRjenniferg
Amazing vacation amazing people

The vacation of a lifetime, Michael & Jess are a great team the boat was spacious with great... read more

Reviewed January 16, 2020
gregsE7179DD

All reviews captain michael anegada lobster anegada island visited islands wonderful chef amazing vacation british virgin islands jes knowledge vessel itinerary catamaran adventure safety shore fishing equipment
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

I had an absolutely incredible time on Lucky Me. During the hurricane season Jes and Michael charter along the windward islands so I was able to book a trip with them in Grenada. Jes and Michael were spectacular hosts and my time on Lucky Me with them really felt like home for the week. The boat is beautiful, with lots of space both inside and out. Inside has a lovely family area to chill in the evenings and during the day to shelter from the sun and heat for a little bit if needed. Outside there are lots of comfortable areas to sit/lie to take in the idyllic surroundings of the Caribbean. The food on boat was beautiful, a real variety of tastes and flavours expertly prepared and made by Jes.

We spent some time on shore in Grenada, taking in a couple of sight seeing opportunities Anadale waterfall and surrounding area is stunning and the Sulphur Springs towards the north of the island was a lot of fun being caked in mineral rich mud and lazing in the natural springs (Beware!!! Do not wear your good swimwear for this!)

After discussing proposed sailing locations, we took off for a couple of days exploring the islands and turquoise blue waters from Grenada up to Caricou, Sandy Island and Petit Martinique. Sailing past London Bridge was certainly a wildly different experience to the London Bridge train station I see and commute into everyday at home!

I am a totally inexperienced diver but I was able to spend lots of time with Jes and Michael (both qualified divers) snorkelling around the reefs of the amazing islands! I even got the confidence and fantastic opportunity to try some night snorkelling. I saw fish in all shapes, sizes and colours which, for someone who has never really snorkelled before and certainly not in the Caribbean, was truly and experience beyond my wildest dreams. Lucky Me indeed!!!!!

I can’t wait to book my next trip on Lucky Me with Jes and Michael in the Virgin Islands.

Date of experience: October 2018
SetSailandDive, Owner at Set Sail and Dive, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2018

We were so thankful that you were able to charter with us in Grenada. We were excited to share the area with you and get some amazing photos for you to share with your friends and family back home in the UK. We can only hope that you are able to work on those tan lines again very soon with us on Lucky Me.
Cheers

Reviewed September 23, 2018

We had the best time getting to know Captain Michael and Chef Jes on this off season get away. The yacht is amazing and only takes a second place to Chef Jes's food! Every need was met with a smile and cold drink and being able to dive with such an experienced crew was also a bonus.

The cabins felt more like a luxury hotel suite than a boat and the saloon was huge and welcoming. We can't wait to get back out on the Caribbean with this awesome crew and huge yacht again. And did I mention the food…… WOW!

Thanks for having us aboard. We can't wait to book again!

Greg and Natalie

Date of experience: August 2018

Thank you for that great review. It was a pleasure getting to know you and sharing such a beautiful experience with the two of you. We can't wait for your next trip with us aboard Lucky Me.
Cheers,

Reviewed September 20, 2018

Captain Michael and Chef Jes (she’s a captain too) are an amazing couple who love being on the water, love to teach you things and see all the wonders under the ocean. If you are looking for the perfect blend of romantic getaway or a family fun vacation, relaxation and a beautiful backdrop, a trip with the crew of S/V Lucky Me is just where you need to be!! We have gotten to see and experience something amazing, snorkeling with sea turtles at Diamond Cay, deep sea fishing for Black Fin Tuna (have to get a fishing license), fresh sushi made from the Black Fin Tuna with friends, scuba diving a secret spot, learning how to read the wind & trim the sails, and a beautiful evening in a hidden cove off of Norman Island...S/V Lucky Me is the best of everything for everyone! Families with kids, group of friends, couples and honeymooners are all treated with comfortable accommodations, wonderful food & drink, awesome hospitality and all the water activities you could want on board.I can't wait for our next trip aboard S/V Lucky Me and eating all the great food Chef Jes made for us. Wow!! Is all we could say about her food. Thanks guys!!!

Date of experience: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

What a wonderful review. We are so thankful for booking your trip with us. It was so exciting seeing Tim reel in that tuna and getting to enjoy it minutes after catching in was a treat. We can't wait for you to join us again and see if you can break the tuna record aboard Lucky Me.
Cheers,

Reviewed September 16, 2018

I have to be honest and say that I was very reluctant to take this trip with my husband. I get sea sick and was anxious about going out on a boat in the ocean. My husband was so excited about the trip and reassured me that everything was going to be ok. We picked Lucky Me because of Michael and Jessica. They are both Master Captains with sailing experience, hospitality experience and scuba divers. Jes is a dive instructor and Michael is a dive master. My husband and I are both advanced divers and really wanted to dive during this trip. I'm so happy we chose this crew and boat. Diving with Michael and Jes was relaxing and peaceful. They let me go at my pace and see what I wanted. I've always dove with a group, being led on a predetermined dive by a guide. With them we were able to stop and just look at little stuff, stay as long as we wanted and go on without any group pressure.

The majority of my anxiety was actually being out on the ocean. We are from Colorado and I'm much more comfortable on dry land, I just didn't know if this would be my thing. Michael is an experienced and capable captain and I felt completely comfortable and safe with him. Jes is level headed, calm and competent, the two of them ran the boat flawlessly.

Both of them had just returned from the UK cooking school at the Ashburton's school of culinary art and chef academy. The food was absolutely amazing. I had to pinch myself several times to realize that this was real.

I really couldn't imagine myself enjoying sitting on a boat all day and night, what would we do, it's so small, you can't just get off when you want. All these thoughts were in my head. The opposite was actually the truth. I read, enjoyed music, lounged on the deck. We sat up on top with Michael while under way. He is a great conversationalist. They catered to our desires and we had significant input into the itinerary. The boat is NOT small. The cabins are queen sized, each with a full bath. It didn't feel like the box of a cruise ship. The galleys are large and quite comfortable.

I never imagined that I would have such a marvelous experience on a boat in the ocean, but found that it was very relaxing, peaceful and calming. This was the best vacation I've ever had and I can't wait to go back. I know I'll see "Lucky Me" again and hope it is soon.

As we left the dock, I took one look back at her and thought to my self...…Lucky Me for having taken this adventure!

Kathy

Date of experience: June 2018
SetSailandDive, Manager at Set Sail and Dive, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thanks Kathy, we loved having you both aboard and so happy you enjoyed yourselves. We did some great dives and always good sailing. Glad to have met you both and look forward to a long relationship with you both. Thanks M&J