This is our second time to Villa Marbella Suites. The Virgins Islands are spectacular. So I am sure we will be back and will stay at Villa Marbella Suites again! The rooms are quite affordable for you to use the Villa as a home base when you go island hopping. We go to St. John a lot and we return to St. Thomas for the night. St. Thomas seems to have more amenities than St. John. So it all works out. The package deal that Leah and Gunnar have is great so that you can get the room and car with them. You can then take the car barge to St. John. Overall the whole trip is affordable enough to return again and again! Moreover, you get a discount for returning! All the more reason to use the Villa again!
We don't like going to Charlotte Amalie especially when the cruise ships are in town. The location of this Villa is such that this isn't a problem at all. Bolongo Bay and Red Hook (the ferry dock) are very close. So there are many eating out options 10-15 minutes away without hitting any crazy traffic. Food Center is about 15 minutes drive, where you can pick up groceries.
We stayed in the Frenchman's View Loft for the first three nights and the last night we were moved to the Mango room because they did not have any other rooms available. Leah took care of the room change. We just packed most of our stuff up and when we returned in the evening everything was nicely laid out in the Mango room.
The Frenchman's View Loft is a great two story room for couples. We like to cook some nights so that we can just sit and enjoy the evening and the breeze instead of eating out. The kitchenette is sufficiently equipped for the making salsa, tacos, chicken, fish etc. We also made breakfast every morning, usually eggs and toast, which was super easy in the kitchenette. We also had access to the grill, which made cooking skewered veggies, meats and fish a lot easier. Leah cleaned our dishes and provided more if we asked her. She also provides spices from her own kitchen if you want a dash of something. There is an honor system for a larger fridge near the front entrance that is stocked with water, sodas and beer. When you return from a warm day at the beach, it is a nice refreshing treat. The room is very romantic. The views are spectacular from the private balcony and the pool area. Although you can cool the room down very well with the split AC, you can also create a cross breeze in the evenings by opening the window in the bathroom and the front sliding doors. It feels quite fresh that way and you also decrease your carbon footprint.
The Mango room is much smaller than the Frenchman's View Loft. It is ideal for singles but you can manage with two people as well much like we did. The amenities are about the same as the Frenchman's View Loft but the space is much less. It is completely doable especially for the price for those couples on a budget.
The other perks: Almost every morning we were greeted by Jager, their awesome dog. Because I am a doglover, this was a very special treat for me:) Leah provides beach towels and other beach activity things in the room. If you want fresh towels, you can always ask her. Water comes at a premium on these islands. So we try to keep our towels dry and reuse them. This is us being responsible world citizens. The Villa can provide fresh towels everyday if you really want. We try to keep the room as clean as possible, but it seemed cleaner everyday when we returned. So someone, most likely Leah cleans when you are out and about. They also have a private beach that is quite secluded. We snorkeled at the beach and it has some neat stuff there like eel grass, corals, a lot of silversides, and many common reef fish. We even spotted a Barracuda and shark once. We got the Barracuda on video!
The car rental:
The car program is pretty flawless. You rent a car of your choice from their fleet of 20 or so cars. You get a ride from the airport to the Villa, and then you get your own car. When you return the car, you can vacuum out the sand and wipe out the sunscreen. They provide the vacuum. If you don't have time to do that, you can leave some money for the car cleaning staff.
Overall, Leah and Gunnar are very gracious. They treat you like friends but also give you the privacy that you want. Above all, they know what people need by talking to them and will make your experience as memorable as possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing due south and looking down toward Frenchman's Bay and east to Charlotte Amalie (downtown St. Thomas), Villa Marbella Luxury Suites & BnB offers a truly unique combination of luxurious escape and the convenience of proximity to the beaches, shopping and dining offerings of St. Thomas. Situated on almost an acre of lushly landscaped mountainside, Villa Marbella offers unbeatable Caribbean sunsets, an inviting pool, and all rooms offer separate living and sleeping areas. A rental car is necessary for your stay. We have vehicles available or we can recommend other companies. If you rent from us we will pick you up from the airport and bring you back to the airport at the end of your visit! Check in is between 3:00 and 6:00 pm. We are sorry we cannot accommodate late night arrivals. Check out is 11:00am. Please note Villa Marbella is a Non-Smoking Property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Villa Marbella Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Marbella Hotel St. Thomas
- Villa Marbella Suites St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands