“Comfortable, great views, Close...yet far enough away”

Villa Marbella Suites
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Just a note to say thanks, we had a wonderful time staying in the Cruzan suite at your place in St. Thomas. Alex was an AWESOME host and tended to our every need. We loved having Jaeger (the dog) around too!

Each evening we loved coming back to enjoy a relaxing cocktail on the veranda, looking out onto the ocean--fantastic views.

Thanks again for accommodating our scheduling needs. Everything worked out
great. We hope to return to the islands very soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 12, 2011

The reviews that I read before I came lived up to its reputation. Hosts: Leah and Gunnar were, well, the perfect hosts! The accomodations all fit my specfic needs: private, beautiful, quaint, clean, island decor throughout, styled very tastefully. You can tell it had a woman's touch by the minor details.

The location is remote enough to be quiet yet convenient to downtown, stores and nightlife. I highly recommend Villa Marbella Suites - has it all minus room service :)

It is advisable to have sturdy transportation for these parts - jeep is ideal.

Thanks Leah & Gunnnar (and their doggie)!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Villa Mirabella was a dream come true. A beautiful house sitting atop the hillside. Quiet, spotless, accomodating....pool, wonderful view. The inn keepers Leah and Gunner were there to help us with excursion plans, places to eat, how to rent a car, make a reservation. WE LOVED IT> We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Villa Marbella for 7 nights in March 2011. Leah was so accomodating and pleasant, her and Gunnar made our stay so enjoyable. We stayed in the Frenchman's Loft for 5 night and the Mountainside Loft for 2 nights. They were both very clean, well prepared, cooking utensils, hot plates, extra linens, everything you need for the beach, etc. They went above and beyond to make out stay the best ever. They offered great recommendations for dining out and they also have a grill for the meals that we wanted to stay and hang out by the pool. The view is extraordinary. One of our favorites was the dog, Jager....we miss you already Jag. We would HIGHLY recommend Villa Marbella to anyone and we can't wait to return! Thanks Gunnar and Leah for a trip we'll never forget.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2011

What a view! I stayed in the cruzan room which overlooks St. Croix and Puerto Rico! Perched above a private beach it is a sight to behold! The room was spotless, and had all of the comforts of home included! The beach chairs, umbrella, and portable cooler saved me money at the beach!! The shower was hot and the bed was cozy, but the difference maker for me were the owners. I felt like a relative not a traveler, they are warm and friendly. I felt like I could borrow a cup of sugar like a good neighbor or just smile on my way to my room. Simply perfect and for a fraction of a corporate conglomerate. I will be back and suggest you try this place out if you want a great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 12, 2011

The owners’ hospitality went way above and beyond my expectations. I definitely need to rave about their attitude toward excellent service and willingness to make my stay very enjoyable, providing any extra things or services I might need. They even invited me in their home several evenings to chat, watch a movie, have a drink, etc.

The property is situated with excellent, expansive views of the ocean and great viewing of cruise ships coming and going. The sunsets were very beautiful and relaxing to watch from the pool deck or each room’s own patio. The room was very nice, comfortable, quaint, nicely decorated, had pretty much everything I could need, and it was easy to feel like home away from home. I also liked that I could prepare simple meals in the kitchenette in my room when I wanted.

Since I didn’t want to rent a car, I was able to get taxis to drop me off at the nearby beach club down the hill as right now most taxis aren’t familiar with the location of the Villa or are not willing to go up the hill, though that may hopefully change as time goes on. Most people will probably want to rent a car and the owners do give you excellent directions with landmarks. A big thank you to Leah and Gunnar for taking time to give me a ride to the ferry, while pointing out places of note along the way, and mailing a package for me. You wouldn’t get service like that at many places.

I had a very enjoyable stay at Villa Marbella and would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially for people wanting a more private, quiet, out-of-the-way location with great views, easier on the budget, and excellent service and on-site owners. The personal service and attention was among the best I have experienced anywhere! Thanks Leah and Gunnar!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank SunnyN80
Reviewed March 8, 2011

The location of the villa is very private with fantasitc views. I would higly recommend the villa to lodge and hang out. The small beach down the hill from the villa is very nice and private. Provides for some interesting snorkeling.
Leah is exceptional in pointing out local hangouts.
Provided during our stay was a cooler, beach chairs, snorkeling gear. I appreciated these small amenities very much.
You must rent a car in St. Thomas. Easy to get to the ferry at Red Hook and go to St. John's.
I will return to this villa in the future.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End

Been to Villa Marbella Suites? Share your experiences!