Villa Marbella Suites
$139
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$231
$224
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
$290
$215
$145
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
Elysian Beach Resort(East End)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
Island Beachcomber Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfrenchman's baymango roomprivate beachbeach bagview lofthonor fridgekeurig coffee makerrental carpool deckbottle of rumgreat hostsshort hikesmall fridgespiral staircasea wonderful staycharlotte amalieexplore st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Villa Marbella for 7 nights in March 2011. Leah was so accomodating and pleasant, her and Gunnar made our stay so enjoyable. We stayed in the Frenchman's Loft for 5 night and the Mountainside Loft for 2 nights. They were both very clean, well prepared, cooking utensils, hot plates, extra linens, everything you need for the beach, etc. They went above and beyond to make out stay the best ever. They offered great recommendations for dining out and they also have a grill for the meals that we wanted to stay and hang out by the pool. The view is extraordinary. One of our favorites was the dog, Jager....we miss you already Jag. We would HIGHLY recommend Villa Marbella to anyone and we can't wait to return! Thanks Gunnar and Leah for a trip we'll never forget.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2011

What a view! I stayed in the cruzan room which overlooks St. Croix and Puerto Rico! Perched above a private beach it is a sight to behold! The room was spotless, and had all of the comforts of home included! The beach chairs, umbrella, and portable cooler saved me money at the beach!! The shower was hot and the bed was cozy, but the difference maker for me were the owners. I felt like a relative not a traveler, they are warm and friendly. I felt like I could borrow a cup of sugar like a good neighbor or just smile on my way to my room. Simply perfect and for a fraction of a corporate conglomerate. I will be back and suggest you try this place out if you want a great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 12, 2011

The owners’ hospitality went way above and beyond my expectations. I definitely need to rave about their attitude toward excellent service and willingness to make my stay very enjoyable, providing any extra things or services I might need. They even invited me in their home several evenings to chat, watch a movie, have a drink, etc.

The property is situated with excellent, expansive views of the ocean and great viewing of cruise ships coming and going. The sunsets were very beautiful and relaxing to watch from the pool deck or each room’s own patio. The room was very nice, comfortable, quaint, nicely decorated, had pretty much everything I could need, and it was easy to feel like home away from home. I also liked that I could prepare simple meals in the kitchenette in my room when I wanted.

Since I didn’t want to rent a car, I was able to get taxis to drop me off at the nearby beach club down the hill as right now most taxis aren’t familiar with the location of the Villa or are not willing to go up the hill, though that may hopefully change as time goes on. Most people will probably want to rent a car and the owners do give you excellent directions with landmarks. A big thank you to Leah and Gunnar for taking time to give me a ride to the ferry, while pointing out places of note along the way, and mailing a package for me. You wouldn’t get service like that at many places.

I had a very enjoyable stay at Villa Marbella and would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially for people wanting a more private, quiet, out-of-the-way location with great views, easier on the budget, and excellent service and on-site owners. The personal service and attention was among the best I have experienced anywhere! Thanks Leah and Gunnar!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank SunnyN80
Reviewed March 8, 2011

The location of the villa is very private with fantasitc views. I would higly recommend the villa to lodge and hang out. The small beach down the hill from the villa is very nice and private. Provides for some interesting snorkeling.
Leah is exceptional in pointing out local hangouts.
Provided during our stay was a cooler, beach chairs, snorkeling gear. I appreciated these small amenities very much.
You must rent a car in St. Thomas. Easy to get to the ferry at Red Hook and go to St. John's.
I will return to this villa in the future.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Villa Marbella is just off the beaten path. Close to the port and to the beaches. I recommend you have your own transportation, car or scooter. We had a Jeep, which wasn't necessary on St. Thomas, but was perfect for our driving on St. John the following week.
Leah and Gunnar made us feel welcome and at home immediately. Spike and Jag, their two dogs, came by to check on us from time-to-time. They were well-behaved and in no way obnoxious; they made us feel like family.
Our room was immaculate. The living room is a bit small, and negotiating the spiral staircase to our super-comfy loft bedroom required slow, deliberate steps. Our soft bed was very comfortable and nice to read in. A few of the nights, we left the unobtrusive air conditioner on to knock the humidity down. We both slept very well the entire week!
The bathroom is normal-sized and spotless. I took "Navy showers" out of respect for the water system. We had a dorm fridge, toaster, microwave, electric cook top and most-importantly a Keurig coffee maker that Leah kept stocked with our favorite brews. She also went out and got a gas grille for us to use for our dinner steaks!
Spectacular sunsets were the norm, after which we watched the colorful cruise ships come and go in the evenings. The Disney cruise ships blow a notable departure tune. I should have worn long pants after dusk, or applied repellant, as the no-see-ums seem to come out for a while around sunset. Laura and I experienced the same "dinner hour" when we spent the next week on St. John. Those bugs weren't exceptionally troublesome at the time, but made my lower legs itchy later in bed. I'm sure that anywhere you stay in the USVI you will want to at least apply some bug spray towards evening. Minnesota mosquitoes are more bothersome, and we didn't see any mosquitoes during our stay.
We had no issues with noise from traffic nor partying neighbors. The pool deck is roomy and has plenty of comfortable chairs. I especially enjoyed napping on one of the body floats in the clean pool, soaking up the sun and basking in the quietness. The 180° view from there is spectacular!
Laura and I spent a lot of time in the cozy chairs on our private covered patio: reading, facebooking on the wi-fi, and enjoying the sensational view. We had an interesting hike down to a very nice semi-private beach nearby, seeing many native flora and fauna along the way. I wouldn't lug beach chairs all that way, just take towels and drinking water! We didn't try snorkeling there, but heard that it's quite nice.
Leah ensured that we had beach chairs, snorkel gear, and a cooler when we went to the beaches. She lives on-site and can tell you the best places to see, shop, party, etc. Her personal attention to our wants and needs could not be bettered. Leah and Gunnar occasionally spent time with us in the evenings, at our discretion. They are very interesting people and have a lot to share.
I wouldn't bring kids here, a beach resort would probably be more suitable entertainment-wise, but it was a perfect getaway for us and seemed to be for the other couples that were staying there.
Being on such a populous island, Villa Marbella is relatively secluded, peaceful and exceptionally clean. I don't think you can get better service anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple