Within a 40 minute taxi ride from the Cyril E. King Airport, on a narrow two-lane stretch of road that meander through potholes, taxi drivers and occasional steep hill I arrived at the Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas. And waiting for me at the porte crochère was a gentleman presenting a glass of punch, holding a bottle of rum and a smile! He asked if I would like a shot in my drink – I said, “shoot on!”
I was summoned to the front desk to be welcomed by a stunning view that overlooked the entire property and the island of St. John in the background. At check-in I was given my resort view room on the ground floor at the Camellia building, centrally located to everything I needed at the property. Rooms were renovated . How recent? I’m not sure but I love the new look. I love the colors. It captures a modern Caribbean vibe and has that comfortable Ritz-Carlton style that you become accustom to when staying at a Ritz-Carlton. The bed was raised high off the floor that I literally climbed into bed each night, but I slept so comfortably which was most important to me since I was working a conference the entire time.
The food was amazing, yet spendy. I ate the Quinoa Veggie Burger at Sails Restaurant … so good so memorable, like the beautiful views! I love the time spent (what little time I had) at the infinity pool. My husband loved the whirlpool at the hotel side versus the residence side of the property. I love the fact it has plenty of beach activities and its own catamaran that has sailing events for the guests, at an additional cost of course. Although the daily resort fee is a hefty additional expense, there is good value to be found as it provides many recreational activities (water and non-water), the ability to stay connected online 24/7 if needed, local phone calls and the convenient service of some else parking your car for you if you have a rental.
The quality of service from the staff was sincere. The facilities were well maintained and the landscaping was impeccable. Just keep in mind, you are on “island time” so it may take a little longer to get your requests fulfilled -- like waiting for bell service to collect your luggage which may take up to 20-30 minutes, or you may need to get the attention of your server for a refill on your drink, or housekeeping may clean your room late – much later than you like them to.
But from the time I checked-in to the time I checked-out… friendly; proficient; and comfortable are the three words deserving my experience at this hotel. Will I go back? Without a doubt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within a 30-acre beachfront estate, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas blends classic European elegance with warm Caribbean hospitality. The resort overlooks sparkling turquoise waters and white sand beaches on the eastern tip of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands, along Great Bay and with views of St. John. 180 Guestrooms each have private balconies, Caribbean-inspired decor and views of the Caribbean Sea and tropical surroundings. Other features of our beach resort in St. Thomas include a full service spa and salon, 24-hour fitness center, a Club Level with private concierge and complimentary food and beverage presentations, infinity pool, a beach and aquatic center with ample complimentary water sports, and four restaurants for gourmet dining and personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas Hotel St. Thomas
- St. Thomas Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands