“Amazing Day”

Oh Be Joyful Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Groups of 2-10. Join Capt Dave, First Mate Jocelyn and Sophia the Wonder Dog for an unforgettable day aboard our spacious and beautiful 45 foot sloop. Enjoy our extensive open bar, fresh, delicious food, fantastic music, and snorkeling on secluded vibrant reefs. We'll take you where no one else goes! Snorkel gear and expert guided tours included. Full day, half day, romantic sunset sails. Private charters also available. We love what we do - and it shows!
Solon, Ohio
“Amazing Day”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

What a great experience! My Kids loved Steering the Boat. The food was great! Snorkeling was fantastic!

Sheffield, Massachusetts
“"Our Wedding Reception" on 3.14.13”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The day after exchanging vows in beautiful St. John, we took our family on a sailing trip with Captain David (Capt. Dave had a prior engagement) and First Mate Jocelyn. The service was incredible and the ride spectacular. Jocelyn made certain we were never without a drink in hand, and the snacks were quite delicious. Snorkeling was amazing, and we even caught sight of our first turtles! The trip entertained both the young and old (from age 8 to 82). Thanks Captain David and First Mate Jocelyn for an incredible afternoon!!!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great day onboard”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We have sailed before in St Thomas with another company that was pretty disappointing and we tried Oh Be joyful based on other TA recommendations. This was a GREAT DAY !...our captain, who filled in for Capt Dave did an outstanding job on a pretty rough day. His knowledge of the area as well as his skills were clearly evidently and he went out of his way to give us a wonderful day of sailing. First mate Jocelyn was amazing ! watching her work the boat was inspiring and she was ever ready with refreshments. The weather was a bit contrary in the afternoon but Dave maneuvered us to a calm area for some sweet. snorkeling. The lunch was great with a world class pork chop. We felt this was a perfect day...you would never regret sailing with this crew,We LOVED IT !!

Gainesville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We took a sailing excursion with Captain Dave and first mate Jocelyn on 02/23/13 to celebrate my brother-in-law’s 50th birthday. The group consisted of 4 couples and Dave’s boat accommodated us well. The day was windy which was perfect for sailing but also made the waters around St.Thomas/St. John a little choppy. Two of the people were prone to sea sickness and when Dave realized that those people were beginning to feel discomfort he adjusted his method of sailing accordingly and neither of the guests ever got sick. We wanted to go snorkeling and Dave knew the perfect spot that was protected from the rougher waters. For the less adept swimmers Jocelyn produced “pool noodle” type floats so they could swim safely and enjoyably. Jocelyn was a most attentive host making sure that everyone had a beverage when needed. I’m not a Bloody Mary man but the people who liked them raved over Dave’s recipe. When lunch was served I was asking myself if Dave had moonlighted as a chef at some point in his life. I had a grilled boneless pork steak that was thick, juicy and tasty owing to a subtle combination of spices/marinade. I was making sounds of appreciation over the side salad I was eating and Captain Dave heard that and said, with a big smile on his face, “I can tell you are a salad nut like me”. I could only nod since I was in the middle of a bite. Our sailing trip was the highlight of the 50th birthday celebration. If you are looking for someone who can provide you with a nice intimate setting, attentive service, and excellent knowledge of the local waters you need look no farther. Captain Dave, a special thank you from my wife — she appreciated it greatly when you sought calmer waters. Captain Dave and Jocelyn’s attention to every detail made us feel truly special.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gavin W
David P, Owner at Oh Be Joyful Sailing, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Gavin, Thanks so much for your kind review. Your party of 8 was a JOY to sail with. Jocelyn, Sophia and I look forward to sailing with you again. Hopefully soon!!! Capt Dave
Plum Island, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Oh this was Joyful!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Captain Dave said with sincerity that he hoped we would have an experience to remember, and it was that plus more! EXCELLENT! Relaxed, knowledgeable, accommodating, kind, funny, and some of the best food in the Islands (try his pork chops!). The food had a 5 star presentation, and oh be joyful!...the greatest Bloody Mary's! Very fine sailing, and wonderful snorkel spots. There were 8 of us for the full day sail, and it worked out just fine. Jocelyn is a superb, attentive hostess and crew member. Captain David assisted Captain Dave, and he was witty, funny, and entertaining! Also helping out was Sophie, Captain Dave's loyal and very well behaved canine first mate, and another joy! We were asked if we wanted music or had any preferences, and we all just went with Captain Dave's choices, which was the way to go! Great music selection! One person in our group had some motion sickness, which Captain Dave noticed immediately, and then proceeded to tailor our sail to make sure a good time was had by all. The only disappointment was...when we had to leave! THANK YOU CAPTAIN DAVE, JOCELYN, SOPHIE and CAPTAIN DAVID. Am looking forward to our next visit!

2 Thank JudiLynnM
David P, Owner at Oh Be Joyful Sailing, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Judilynn, Thanks for the kind review. Jocelyn, Dave and i surely enjoyed our day with you and your group of 8. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that you'll see the light and try getting a sailboat with Steve. It really is a great life. I am happy to hear that your home on Plum Island didn't suffer any serious damage in the recent storm. A sure cure for your only problem with your sail with us is to come back and sail again ASAP. You are always welcome.

As Ever Capt Dave