“Beautiful villa. Slightly strange owners.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Papillon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Thomas
Villa Papillon
New York
“Beautiful villa. Slightly strange owners.”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I completely share all the excitement the guests of the villa expressed here. However, there are other factors that normally influence one's vacation. I'm talking about how owners can influence one's perception of the property and ultimately the vacation itself.
And I do believe that many will disagree with me. And I do get personal.

No complaints about the husband. Great guy - smart, successful, smiley, relaxed.

The wife - no so much. It appears that she think that she is all that, but that is probably because she is confused.

1. She gave us a longer than it should have been tour of the property. We were tired. What's there to explain? Well, "...this is jacuzzi. I cannot let you switch it on and off because it is too complicated. I will put a timer for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening..." Why? Operating a jacuzzi switch cannot be too complicated. Do we have to keep the schedule in mind to make sure we don't have to explain to our children why jacuzzi is not on when we come back from the beach? So, that insistence on a schedule for 'jacuzzi operation hours' was annoying. We do pay thousands for one week, we don't like to be reminded that there is by ANY schedule.

2. The most annoying thing. The house has post-it notes everywhere. Not much but they are there. Example: "If you break these wine glasses you will have to pay $25 per each". Well, we do know that we have to pay for damages. Why post-it notes? Again, we do pay thousands for one week, we hate seeing post-it notes.

Some people might think my complaints are crazy. However, I described 2 things that crossed this villa from our list of properties we would want to visit in the future.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank fgbl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This was an amazing place! I recommend it to EVERYONE!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovebug6677
New York City
Reviewed November 20, 2008

Villa Papillon was amazing. As soon as we got to the airport, the owner Mike met us there and helped us with car arrangements.

We then followed him through the winding paths of STT which we thought we would never learn, but with the help of our maps getting around was pretty easy!

Note that this villa is a bit aways from the dock or downtown, but WELL WORTH the 20-30 min drive down. Beautiful scenary on the way down.

We were BLOWN AWAY when we first saw the villa. THe view from our villa is something I will NEVER FORGET. Thinking about it now makes my heart skip a beat. The villa was sooooo clean and had all these great decorations. The main bedroom was so tropical!

Plus this place is HUGE!!! This would be the perfect place for families and couples alike.

Also, wait until you get there to get the extra AC in the house, as the breeze is amazing and you don't need it!

The pool and hot tub are amazing and we used the hot tub every night and it felt like paradise.

There are tons of channels and the beds are comfortable.

I cannot think of one bad thing about this place except that it is pretty EXPENSIVE!!!

• Liked — Views
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NYCgirl823