I completely share all the excitement the guests of the villa expressed here. However, there are other factors that normally influence one's vacation. I'm talking about how owners can influence one's perception of the property and ultimately the vacation itself.
And I do believe that many will disagree with me. And I do get personal.
No complaints about the husband. Great guy - smart, successful, smiley, relaxed.
The wife - no so much. It appears that she think that she is all that, but that is probably because she is confused.
1. She gave us a longer than it should have been tour of the property. We were tired. What's there to explain? Well, "...this is jacuzzi. I cannot let you switch it on and off because it is too complicated. I will put a timer for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening..." Why? Operating a jacuzzi switch cannot be too complicated. Do we have to keep the schedule in mind to make sure we don't have to explain to our children why jacuzzi is not on when we come back from the beach? So, that insistence on a schedule for 'jacuzzi operation hours' was annoying. We do pay thousands for one week, we don't like to be reminded that there is by ANY schedule.
2. The most annoying thing. The house has post-it notes everywhere. Not much but they are there. Example: "If you break these wine glasses you will have to pay $25 per each". Well, we do know that we have to pay for damages. Why post-it notes? Again, we do pay thousands for one week, we hate seeing post-it notes.
Some people might think my complaints are crazy. However, I described 2 things that crossed this villa from our list of properties we would want to visit in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Papillon is a luxurious three-bedroom Caribbean vacation villa comprised of two multi-level pavilions embracing a private courtyard and swimming pool deck. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villa Papillon St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands