“Picture perfect!”
Review of Villa Papillon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Thomas
Villa Papillon
Central PA
“Picture perfect!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The kitchen was awesome with tons of storage and high end appliances for my 'chef' husband! The furnishings are high quality too and it enhanced our enjoyment - from the comfy deck chairs to the elegant dining set. The views are incredible - you can see St Johns, and at least 3 other islands from the decks. The layout of 2 brms/ 2 baths in the main house and a separate brm/bath cottage was perfect for our family vacation since we had grown children vacationing with us. AC in all the bedrooms, fans in the main living areas. Linda was very prompt in returning all emails and phone messages, and we had a lot of questions before we booked! We hiked down and back to Megan's Bay - once! After that we drove the car, but if you are in good shape it is do-able. Loved the snorkeling at Coki Bay. Go to the box store to grocery shop - much cheaper! It was a delightful trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LizzyLovesTravel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
St. Croix, VI
Reviewed July 15, 2011

While researching for a home to rent in St. Thomas I found Linda to be very friendly and easy to communicate with via email. She answered each question and concern I had throughout the process including the negative comment left by the previous guest. I am very new to this rental process and have found that you must have faith in your choice and my instincts proved to be correct.
What I appreciated the most was the pride these owners take in their property because I am very much the same with my own home. As for "post-it" notes....there are a few reminders, such as water conservation, but they are certainly not "everywhere".
A lovely fruit and cheese tray awaited us in the refrigerator upon our arrival and Linda took the time to answer questions and make suggestions as to favorite restaurants, etc. Unfortunately we did not have ideal weather during our stay and through our brief conversations she felt genuinely bad about it for us.
The pool and hot tub were great....and always clean. The home is warm and inviting with a lot of light and great artwork.
Once we were home we received our deposit check very promptly which I really appreciated.
Should we ever make our way back to St. Thomas I would certainly stay at this home again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank n2art
Andersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Have been vacationing here since 2003...13 times so far. It is wonderful. The owners are very kind and good people. They are however, very concerned that they do not rent to people that might mistreat their wonderful "slice of paradise". We appreciate that.
They provide higher end appliances like Viking range, washer, dryer, Miele dishwasher, Viking grill and more and yes, even more expensive wine glasses for the wine lovers. That is why there is a posted note on them letting you know that they cost $25.00 each if you break them...only fair to tell you ahead of time. They also provide less expensive ones if you wish to not risk it. In 13 visits we have not seen other posted notes anywhere. Linda is a kind and accomodating owner and not at all confused.
What is confusing is how anyone could mind a few rules that an owner needs to protect their property from uncaring and irresponsible renters. When an owner takes a real interest in their property and tries to make it nice for us, we appreciate it and certainly do not mind having one or two restrictions. As far as the jacuzzi we have never been there when we could not use it. The owners have even gone to the trouble of heating the pool at the times we specify in the winter for us..like 6 am for that early sunrise dip with coffee.
The view is one of the best in the Caribbean and the onwers are the best as well. The only requirement is that you, the quest, be respectful of the property and treat it well. Other than that , Mike and LInda will bend over backwards to make your stay absoluely wonderful. The location is in a gated community, safe, and perfect. St Thomas is a wonderful stepping off place as well to for day trips to St John, Tortola, Virgin Gorda, St Croix and more. If you make a reservation with Mike and Linda just tell them Ron and Anne sent you. Have fun...you won't be sorry.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ayatteau
New York
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I completely share all the excitement the guests of the villa expressed here. However, there are other factors that normally influence one's vacation. I'm talking about how owners can influence one's perception of the property and ultimately the vacation itself.
And I do believe that many will disagree with me. And I do get personal.

No complaints about the husband. Great guy - smart, successful, smiley, relaxed.

The wife - no so much. It appears that she think that she is all that, but that is probably because she is confused.

1. She gave us a longer than it should have been tour of the property. We were tired. What's there to explain? Well, "...this is jacuzzi. I cannot let you switch it on and off because it is too complicated. I will put a timer for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening..." Why? Operating a jacuzzi switch cannot be too complicated. Do we have to keep the schedule in mind to make sure we don't have to explain to our children why jacuzzi is not on when we come back from the beach? So, that insistence on a schedule for 'jacuzzi operation hours' was annoying. We do pay thousands for one week, we don't like to be reminded that there is by ANY schedule.

2. The most annoying thing. The house has post-it notes everywhere. Not much but they are there. Example: "If you break these wine glasses you will have to pay $25 per each". Well, we do know that we have to pay for damages. Why post-it notes? Again, we do pay thousands for one week, we hate seeing post-it notes.

Some people might think my complaints are crazy. However, I described 2 things that crossed this villa from our list of properties we would want to visit in the future.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank fgbl
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This was an amazing place! I recommend it to EVERYONE!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovebug6677
New York City
Reviewed November 20, 2008

Villa Papillon was amazing. As soon as we got to the airport, the owner Mike met us there and helped us with car arrangements.

We then followed him through the winding paths of STT which we thought we would never learn, but with the help of our maps getting around was pretty easy!

Note that this villa is a bit aways from the dock or downtown, but WELL WORTH the 20-30 min drive down. Beautiful scenary on the way down.

We were BLOWN AWAY when we first saw the villa. THe view from our villa is something I will NEVER FORGET. Thinking about it now makes my heart skip a beat. The villa was sooooo clean and had all these great decorations. The main bedroom was so tropical!

Plus this place is HUGE!!! This would be the perfect place for families and couples alike.

Also, wait until you get there to get the extra AC in the house, as the breeze is amazing and you don't need it!

The pool and hot tub are amazing and we used the hot tub every night and it felt like paradise.

There are tons of channels and the beds are comfortable.

I cannot think of one bad thing about this place except that it is pretty EXPENSIVE!!!

• Liked — Views
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NYCgirl823