“Good food, large Wine selection”
Review of The Cellar - CLOSED

The Cellar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
NYC
“Good food, large Wine selection”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We arrived just as it was opening for the evening, so we had the place to ourselves for a good portion of our meal. It was nice and quiet and the waitress was very friendly and answered our questions about the island, and the life there.

Food was good, but the prices were somewhat expensive. I guess that makes sense since they have to import all their beef and stuff.

Their wine selection is gigantic. However, many of them are by the bottle, which was alittle let down. But we still managed to try 2 different ones, and they were excellent.

• Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“Good Food in Red Hook”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I had during here with my husband while in vacation to St. Thomas. The restaurant lighting is subdued creating a relaxing environment. We ordered Cesear salad as a shared appetizer that they brought out on two plates for us. The romaine lettuce was very fresh and the dressing was nice and light. For dinner we had a stuffed Caribbean lobster and the grouper special. My husband loved the lobster and there was plenty of lobster meat. The stuffing was made with shrimp which he said was quite good. My grouper was also very good but maybe a tad overcooked...just a little too firm on the outside. The rice served with it was delicious. For dessert we shared a delicious tiramisu. Wine was nice and the restaurant donates a portion of certain wine sales to local charities so that is always a "win". Service was very good - prompt and attentive without hovering. Very pleasant experience and I highly recommend it.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Do your Taste buds a favor”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had a wonderful and tranquil meal here. Jessie (Watress) suggested I try the "insane" special-crab and shrimp stuffed lobster tail. I told her 'lets get crazy' and was very glad I did. She was also helpful with dessert and after dinner entertainment. Will be back for sure!

Verona, Virginia
“Simply Outstanding!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our group visited The Cellar for dinner while on our recent trip. Lindsay was wonderful. Very friendly, gave great suggestions, and was wonderful. There was also a wonderful team atmosphere, changing out silverware, bringing out the meal, and removing empty dishes as a group between courses. They definitely understand fine dining. The place is pricey and I would not recommend this place for families with small children, but WONDERFUL.

Binghamton, New York
“Must go!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Everything here was excellent! Must try truffle fries and truffle mac and cheese! Great atmosphere! Have to go!

Visited September 2013