“Great food and great service”

Jen's Island Cafe and Deli
Ranked #29 of 262 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Buffalo, New York
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

What a wonderful afternoon brunch we had at Jen's. The restaurant is hidden off the beaten path a bit, but certainly not too hard to find. It's right in Charlotte Amalie. We sat down and had the curry nachos as an appetizer. I missed out on these, as my friends devoured them quickly, but they were definitely a hit! The food was amazing, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Jerk chicken dish that I ordered, although if you have an aversion to spicy, you may want to stay away. The drinks were good as well. The service though, was outstanding! We were looking for a boat charter for the day, on last minutes notice. Party Marty, as they call him, spent more than a few minutes making phone calls on our behalf, and seeing what our options might be. We saw him do this for more than a few patrons. It's that extra mile that makes me rate Jen's with a 5th star. Plus, I'll definitely be dreaming of the Jerk Chicken that I had. So good!

1 Thank tjhorner1

Boise, Idaho
“So Good”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I found this place while wandering around St. Thomas. It's downtown, close to the water front, behind the merchant tents. I got the veggie burger, which was homemade and absolutely amazing. My husband got the burger with pineapple and teriyaki sauce on it, and he enjoyed it as well. The plantain chips I got were sweet, and that's okay.... Just not what I expected. The ones I make at home taste more like potatoes, not bananas. So hard to find a place that makes their own veggie burgers... Can't believe we found this place in St. Thomas !!!!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Absolutely fell in love with this place the minute we walked in!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our water taxi captain recommended Jen's for lunch while in town the other day. As soon as Cyndy and I walked in, we knew we were somewhere special! Val and Party Marty welcomed us and immediately helped us navigate the menu to decide what we wanted for lunch while offering their knowledge about St. Thomas and the history to this area.

Cyndy had the conch fritters and conch chowder and thoroughly enjoyed both. I opted for a burger, which came with black rum soaked/grilled onions that gave a normal sandwich a very special taste and appeal. It was delicious!

We told everyone we saw heading to town to head straight here for lunch! Thanks guys we really enjoyed our visit in your small but amazing cafe.

Chicago, Illinois
“Just ok - nothing spectacular.”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Food: Had Lobster Quesadilla based on employee recommendation. It was good. Frozen drinks were also good, served in a fun glass.

Service: The owners/employees have a quirky sense of humor. You can tell they are used to the tourist crowd. We asked for the bill and got it 15 minutes later - slow service. They have a pamphlet of recommendations on the island which was helpful - make sure you ask for that. They have wi-fi which was a bonus.

What soured our experience was the built in gratuity. We don't agree with any restaurant making their customers leave 18%. Gratuity is optional, and we decide our tip amount based on our service experience. So, know this before dining at this cafe.

3 Thank Jetsetter5252
Potomac, Maryland
“Great find for lunch in St. Thomas”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our group was very pleasantly surprised by how good this lunch place is. The grilled fish sandwich was superb. Supposedly, Jen's owner does the fishing each morning. The fries and salads were also excellent.

• Visited December 2013