“Great Food, good service, locals recommend”

Jen's Island Cafe and Deli
Ranked #32 of 271 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I recently took a cruise that stopped in St. Thomas so we only had the day, our local tour guide recommended Jen's as a great place to eat and we are glad he did.

My wife and I love food, its really what makes or breaks a vacation for us, we wanted to experience some local cuisine and while this restaurant had pretty much any type of food you wanted we both opted for the Roki, which is a Trinadadian curry. It was excellent, and the portion sizes were huge, my wife and I could have easily split the meal.

Prices were high - $12 - $25 a plate but that might be normal for places on St. Thomas. We were very pleased with the food, service, and fun atmosphere that Jen's had to offer. We would go back but with so many great places in St. Thomas we'd probably try somewhere else the next time we visited.

1  Thank food-snob-ogden

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Wandering from shop to shop on a very hot, humid day in St. Thomas, a local recommended that my husband and I take a break from the heat and hubbub and have lunch at Jen's Island Cafe and Deli. Tucked away among a warren of shops, this kitschy L-shaped room has tables both inside and out on the patio, as well as counter seating. We opted for the counter. We were soon presented with our cold drinks of choice and promptly served our meals. We shared delicious, light and tasty conch fritters. My husband's entree was a beautifully prepared hamburger with an excellent vinegar based cole slaw. I had a fried cod filet, that was light and crispy. Everything was so tasty and fresh. All dishes were simply and beautifully served. Not what one expects from such a place. We were very glad for the local's referral.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Recommended by the info center and glad we listened. Fun atmosphere, nice , amusing staff and good food. Nice break fom the shopping. Not quick but well worth the wait.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We happened upon Jen's while strolling around the market tents on a very hot day. We needed to find some shade and a cool drink and asked a local to recommend something nearby. Upon entry we were hit by the frosty AC - mmmmmmm....
There are two parts to the cafe, a deli where you can order sandwiches and breakfast, and on the other side a sit down place to eat with stocky wooden tables and chairs. The decor is Island vibrant with interesting painted pottery reptiles scaling the exposed brick walls. Our waiter was a very quirky guy who had no problem whatsoever giving us the heads up on what to order from the menu. My husband opted for a BLT which was not on the menu but according to the waiter was no problem to prepare at all. It was beyond mouth watering and came with an order of 'fries' which were chunky and so deliciously crispy, that we ordered some more to go. I went for the Trinidadian vegetarian Roti which came in a wrap. It was curry delicious. I personally think they should lose the wrap and serve some flat bread on the side. I finished every bite!
The restaurant was virtually empty as we were there out of season but I would imagine it could be very busy when cruise ships are in port.
This is a breakfast/lunchtime gem, and the pricing was very fair I thought for what we ate.
To sum up - very cute and quirky, great food prepared freshly and Frrrrrrrrrosty AC!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

pina colada chicken is excellent, great breakfast & lunch, can't go wrong