“It's ALL about the Bar & View @HavanaBlue” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Havana Blue

Havana Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 259 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Our restaurant combines the warm, rustic culture and robust flavors of Latin America with the exotic spices and tangy sauces of the Pacific Rim. We also provide our guests with unmatched, ocean front views of tropical sunsets and enchanting cruise ships embarking out to the Caribbean Sea. Brace your senses as you prepare to indulge in aromas and flavors like never before. We have over 100 hand-selected premium and reserve wines.
“It's ALL about the Bar & View @HavanaBlue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I was actually coming to vacation in St. John but before heading that way via ferry, I had to go to Havana Blue for some cocktails, appetizers and the view!!!
When I was here about a year ago-I had some amazing cocktails made by Lindsay and this time too along with Lindy!!!
OMG!!! The Key Lime Martini was just like having a cold refreshing slice of pie!!!
They also convinced me to try a few items on the appetizer menu...
I will definitely be back!!!
Great team at the venue-service and atmosphere!!!
I am thinking about celebrating my birthday here next year!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BlueWaterMG, Management at Havana Blue, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
JBrock29, it's great to hear your most recent experience with us was just as great as you remembered. Lindsay and Lindy love what they do and make sure every guest enjoys themselves; they'll appreciate your kind words! A birthday celebration sounds like an excellent idea. Keep in touch and give us a shout if you'd like to make a reservation. Enjoy St. John!

Best wishes,

Upland, California
“Best Meal on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

This place was so good we ate there twice during our 8 day vacation! The service was excellent. Both Ryan and Sara made great suggestions for both food and drink. My husband had the Ancho Filet and the meal lived up to its hype. Wow what an amazing steak! I had the Mahi and I loved it! The desserts are amazing. All made in the restaurant. The views are awesome and the see breeze refreshing. If you want romance this place has it! This is an absolute must for anyone visiting St. Thomas.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tracy, it was a pleasure welcoming you twice during your stay in St. Thomas! We know you have a variety of options for dining during your vacation, so it's a true compliment that you would make a return visit. We'll pass along your kudos to Ryan and Sara; thank you for giving them a shout out on TripAdvisor! Are you thinking about coming back to the island next year? We'd love to see you again for another memorable evening!

Best wishes,

HAVANA BLUE Management
“Good food, Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our server Jason was great! Drinks are very good, ambience is nice too. Food was good, but not overwhelmingly so.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cahillcarli, fantastic food, delicious drinks and superb service—it sounds like we provided the complete package! Thank you for the kind words on TripAdvisor. Please join us again next time you're in St. Thomas. We'd love to welcome you for another memorable evening.

All the best,

South Florida, Florida
“Classy Handling of a Problem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

This restaurant deserves a "5" rating on two accounts. First, the food is outstanding. I had the ancho steak featured in all the food magazines. It absolutely lived up to the hype - perfectly prepared rare as I ordered and, amazingly, was a decent portion. Second, the maître d responded to the embarrassing situation of not having meat that was gluten-free in preparation - as they promised with their gluten-free menu. Solution? He ordered gluten-free steaks for the two members of our party who have the allergy from hotel room service at no charge - especially impressive in that the restaurant is NOT part of the Marriott Resort. Our server was gracious and accommodating throughout the meal and went out of his way to provide gluten-free apps while the guests were waiting. The atmosphere is very chic and although the prices are high (even by deluxe resort standards) you probably can't get a better dinner on the island.

1 Thank DocSkier
VTSkiDoc, we strive to make every guest's meal pitch perfect, so allow us to again apologize for not having the gluten-free steak prepared during your visit. It was our pleasure to send them along via hotel room service as quickly as possible. Thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor; it sounds like you were very happy with the experience despite our mistake, and we're glad to hear it. We would love to welcome you back again next time you're in St. Thomas!

Safe travels,

Needham, Massachusetts, United States
“Saved the best for last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

What an amazing place. Normally don't like to eat in any place associated with a hotel, let alone a Marriot with the reputation of the one in St. Thomas. The moment we walked in, I was impressed. Cool blue lighting, soft gauzy curtains, high ceilings and open air perched right next to the beach. Great ambiance put us all in a zen mood, right away. I couldn't stop taking pictures as the sun was just setting and it looked even more heavenly. Our table was right next to the balcony, so we had a great view of the ocean. It was such a tranquil setting.

Our waitress, Molly, was excellent. Very friendly, and made lots of great suggestions. At her suggestion, I had the not-frozen daquiri -- Vanilla & Passionfruit. I've had some pretty amazing drinks but that one ... hands down the best I've had in my life. Wow. So fresh. And served in a really cool stainless martini glass. I should mention, we were a party of 5, including an 8 year old. He loved the kids menu -- it wasn't babyish and came with wiki sticks to play with. There weren't many kids there, but they are very equipped to manage kids and make them feel just as special as the rest of the guests. That goes a long way with me. Nothing I hate more than a restaurant that doesn't have decent kids menu (hot dogs and chicken fingers are for fast food places). My husband and I ordered several tapas -- ceviche, filet tacos, lobster nachos, cuban sliders -- all amazingly delicious. Our son's steak was cooked to perfection. Other couple had the surf and turf and couldn't believe how delicious it was. All the while, Molly was very attentive. Didn't rush us. Checked in regulary. Had an uncanny ability to know when to refill my wine glass.

For dessert we had the Carnival. Caramelized bananas and three kinds of house-made ice cream that's made with coconut milk and drizzled with warm caramel sauce. Wow. It was so unbelievably good. Others had the chocolate dessert and they all raved about it. Nobody wanted to share, it was that good.

My only regret is that we went on our last night. If we're ever back in St. Thomas, we will absolutely return.

Thanks to Molly for providing us with such a wonderful experience.

I only gave "families with children" an average, because this really isn't the place for toddlers.

1 Thank Christine M
Christine, thank you for sharing your story on TripAdvisor! It's always a pleasure to hear from our guests, and it sounds like your night was one to remember. Molly is indeed a fantastic server; she'll appreciate you giving her some kudos! We're glad to hear she steered you in the right direction, offering some recommendations from our menu that hit the spot. We appreciate you spreading the word about our unique children's menu as well; it's one of many things that sets apart.

We would love to welcome you back any time! Hopefully you'll find yourself in St. Thomas again soon.

Safe travels,