“Good food, Good service”
Review of Havana Blue

Havana Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 269 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant combines the warm, rustic culture and robust flavors of Latin America with the exotic spices and tangy sauces of the Pacific Rim. We also provide our guests with unmatched, ocean front views of tropical sunsets and enchanting cruise ships embarking out to the Caribbean Sea. Brace your senses as you prepare to indulge in aromas and flavors like never before. We have over 100 hand-selected premium and reserve wines.
“Good food, Good service”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our server Jason was great! Drinks are very good, ambience is nice too. Food was good, but not overwhelmingly so.

• Visited December 2013
BlueWaterMG, Management at Havana Blue, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Cahillcarli, fantastic food, delicious drinks and superb service—it sounds like we provided the complete package! Thank you for the kind words on TripAdvisor. Please join us again next time you're in St. Thomas. We'd love to welcome you for another memorable evening.

All the best,

South Florida, Florida
“Classy Handling of a Problem”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This restaurant deserves a "5" rating on two accounts. First, the food is outstanding. I had the ancho steak featured in all the food magazines. It absolutely lived up to the hype - perfectly prepared rare as I ordered and, amazingly, was a decent portion. Second, the maître d responded to the embarrassing situation of not having meat that was gluten-free in preparation - as they promised with their gluten-free menu. Solution? He ordered gluten-free steaks for the two members of our party who have the allergy from hotel room service at no charge - especially impressive in that the restaurant is NOT part of the Marriott Resort. Our server was gracious and accommodating throughout the meal and went out of his way to provide gluten-free apps while the guests were waiting. The atmosphere is very chic and although the prices are high (even by deluxe resort standards) you probably can't get a better dinner on the island.

1 Thank DocSkier
VTSkiDoc, we strive to make every guest's meal pitch perfect, so allow us to again apologize for not having the gluten-free steak prepared during your visit. It was our pleasure to send them along via hotel room service as quickly as possible. Thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor; it sounds like you were very happy with the experience despite our mistake, and we're glad to hear it. We would love to welcome you back again next time you're in St. Thomas!

Safe travels,

Needham, Massachusetts, United States
“Saved the best for last”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

What an amazing place. Normally don't like to eat in any place associated with a hotel, let alone a Marriot with the reputation of the one in St. Thomas. The moment we walked in, I was impressed. Cool blue lighting, soft gauzy curtains, high ceilings and open air perched right next to the beach. Great ambiance put us all in a zen mood, right away. I couldn't stop taking pictures as the sun was just setting and it looked even more heavenly. Our table was right next to the balcony, so we had a great view of the ocean. It was such a tranquil setting.

Our waitress, Molly, was excellent. Very friendly, and made lots of great suggestions. At her suggestion, I had the not-frozen daquiri -- Vanilla & Passionfruit. I've had some pretty amazing drinks but that one ... hands down the best I've had in my life. Wow. So fresh. And served in a really cool stainless martini glass. I should mention, we were a party of 5, including an 8 year old. He loved the kids menu -- it wasn't babyish and came with wiki sticks to play with. There weren't many kids there, but they are very equipped to manage kids and make them feel just as special as the rest of the guests. That goes a long way with me. Nothing I hate more than a restaurant that doesn't have decent kids menu (hot dogs and chicken fingers are for fast food places). My husband and I ordered several tapas -- ceviche, filet tacos, lobster nachos, cuban sliders -- all amazingly delicious. Our son's steak was cooked to perfection. Other couple had the surf and turf and couldn't believe how delicious it was. All the while, Molly was very attentive. Didn't rush us. Checked in regulary. Had an uncanny ability to know when to refill my wine glass.

For dessert we had the Carnival. Caramelized bananas and three kinds of house-made ice cream that's made with coconut milk and drizzled with warm caramel sauce. Wow. It was so unbelievably good. Others had the chocolate dessert and they all raved about it. Nobody wanted to share, it was that good.

My only regret is that we went on our last night. If we're ever back in St. Thomas, we will absolutely return.

Thanks to Molly for providing us with such a wonderful experience.

I only gave "families with children" an average, because this really isn't the place for toddlers.

1 Thank Christine M
Christine, thank you for sharing your story on TripAdvisor! It's always a pleasure to hear from our guests, and it sounds like your night was one to remember. Molly is indeed a fantastic server; she'll appreciate you giving her some kudos! We're glad to hear she steered you in the right direction, offering some recommendations from our menu that hit the spot. We appreciate you spreading the word about our unique children's menu as well; it's one of many things that sets apart.

We would love to welcome you back any time! Hopefully you'll find yourself in St. Thomas again soon.

Safe travels,

Frisco, Texas
“Fantastic Night Out”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Trip advisors recommended sea bass and the white sangria. Had to try it and it was amazing! Our group had several different drinks and in addition to my sea bass, we had the tiger shrimp and the filet. Could go on and on but to cut to the quick - absolutely fantastic meal and fantastic experience. We are going back tomorrow night!

BlueWaterMG, Management at Havana Blue, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Two nights back-to-back! What an honor. Thank you so much for this glowing endorsement. We're so glad you enjoyed your meal. We hope we impressed you even more the second time around!

Take care,
“Best Dinner”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Girlfriend and I traveled to St. Thomas during the Thanksgiving week 2013 and I had already saw some of the reviews on Havana and they are spot on. We made a reservation which I would recommend and say where you can see and hear the ocean right at the beach where the restaurant is located at in the Marriot. The whole vibe and persona of Havana is a more modern style type of place but I think would suit most peoples taste and décor. The staff was impeccable and what can I say about the food. We gave our server the freedom to choose our dinners with just the guidelines of it being seafood. I was served the Surf & Turk which I would recommend for individuals who like lobster (tail was the size of a mans fist and then some) as well as a steak of some sort. My girlfriend had some sort of stuffed lobster tail as well that was delicious. A definite place to eat on the island and don't be afraid to spend a little money hear, it is well worth is. If you drink and with an average meal I would average about $75 dollars to $100 dollars per person. We spent $200 plus tip for our experience and would do it again in a heart beat.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you so much for making us a part of your vacation, Benjamin. We're beyond thrilled that both you and your girlfriend were so pleased with your server's selection—the Surf and Turf is indeed a favorite here at HAVANA BLUE! We would all love to welcome you back during your next trip to St. Thomas, but until then, thank you for the fabulous review!

Warm regards,