“Great Food, Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Havana Blue

Havana Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 259 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Our restaurant combines the warm, rustic culture and robust flavors of Latin America with the exotic spices and tangy sauces of the Pacific Rim. We also provide our guests with unmatched, ocean front views of tropical sunsets and enchanting cruise ships embarking out to the Caribbean Sea. Brace your senses as you prepare to indulge in aromas and flavors like never before. We have over 100 hand-selected premium and reserve wines.
CHATTANOOGA, TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had the pleasure of eating at Havana Blue last weekend on our honeymoon. We had the most excellent bar service from "Denise". After our second bottle of Veuve Cliquot we headed off for 4 amazing courses.

We will definitely return again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BlueWaterMG, Management at Havana Blue, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
We're honored that you spent your honeymoon with us here at HAVANA BLUE! Enjoying a couple bottles of Veuve Cliquot is certainly a great way to celebrate. Congratulations to the two of you. We can't wait for the next opportunity to see you, and here's to many great years together.

Carmel, Indiana
“Terrible Service, What a Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I were super excited about going to Havana Blue for dinner during our Honeymoon. We made reservations for 6:30pm, when we got there the restaurant was empty; however they put us in the back of the restaurant with no view and a table that barely sat 2. I asked to move to one of the tables with a view and they told us no that all those tables had been reserved. I said fine we will just come back later in the week when we can get a better table. They then found us a table with a view. We there for 1 hour during this time all the tables that had the great views never had anyone occupy them.......so why could we have not sat there??
I saw a sign that said buy 1 well drink get 1 free, so when we ordered our drinks the waitress Denise (very rude and no customer service skills) said that's only if we sit at the bar. I said fine why does the sign not say that, she said don't know and walked away.......Our food was actually pretty good, over priced though. Twice I had to get up and look for Denise or a Hostess to ask for refills of water and our bottle of wine that we bought, for some reason they kept at the bar and not on our table. Each time I asked for something they seem very annoyed at us. I ordered a dessert drink from the menu, Denise said we don't have that drink I said it's on your menu she grabbed the menu from me and said that's an old menu. She handed me a new menu and the drink was still listed, but the price was $2 more. I said I want this drink and for the price I saw it for on the first menu, she said fine. I went to the restroom and again saw 3 more different signs advertising the drink special buy 1 well drink get 1 free.....When I got back I asked to speak with a manager, he came over never gave me his name, I explained everything to him and how disappointed we were about everything, he said ok let me check something and walked away......he never came back just took off 1 of the well drinks we had....I didn't ask for anything, I was also charged the extra $2 bucks for the dessert drink. How rude that the manager never came back, never apologized........We spent almost $200.....what a waste of money and time on our Honeymoon. ST. THOMAS HAS WAY TO MANY OTHER GREAT RESTAURANTS WITH BETTER FOOD AND BETTER SERVICE. DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME OUR MONEY!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jeremiah D
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We dined here on our honeymoon while staying at the Marriott. The ambience is very South Beach which isn't our taste but still very nice to have beach views while dining. The food and the service were both excellent. My husband had the snapper with chorizo which was one of our favorite entrees of the entire trip. Would highly recommend!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BlueWaterMG, Management at Havana Blue, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Elizbeth,

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves so much, even though the initial atmosphere didn't seem like your scene. We couldn't ask for a bigger compliment than your favorite entree of the trip being one you had at HAVANA BLUE! You recommendation is much appreciated, and we hope to see you again any time you return to St. Thomas. Thanks again!

HAVANA BLUE Management
“Great service, great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We were there celebrating our wedding dinner, just the husband and I! I had made reservations a week prior to it and got our table upon arriving half an hour early. It was our first fine dining experience here and our server Ben was just wonderful! He was very friendly and attentive! The only thing I disliked was that our table was not actually waterfront like requested but no big deal, we had a great time nonetheless. Try the mojito skirt steak, it was perfectly seasoned and grilled!! Thanks to Havana Blue for making our dinner a special one! :)

1 Thank Karengirl010
BlueWaterMG, Management at Havana Blue, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Congratulations to you and your husband on your wedding! We're honored that you chose to celebrate it with us here at HAVANA BLUE. Great choice on the Mojito Skirt Steak, and we'll be sure to pass your kind words on to Ben for his excellent service. We're proud to have started your visit off right, and we hope the rest of the stay was lovely as well. Come see us again if you're ever back in St. Thomas.

All the best to the two of you,

Bay Area, CA
“Awesome atmosphere...solid food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was one of two special dinners we had on the island (the other at Pesche, which rocked for food, but didn't offer nearly as nice of an environment/atmosphere...).

You show up and it's low/dim lighting and *totally* open 15' walls that overlooked the ocean. The awesome-looking bar was quickly passed as we were seated a few tables in from the views. We jumped into the drink menu... the Southern Bell (markers mark) was killer, and the Dirty Chica disappointed, but the wait staff quickly fixed this by bringing us a replacement without batting an eye.

Appetizers: the Latin Trio rocked, with the wasabi guac taking first place in our opinion, followed by some delicious calamari. Dinner was appropriately paced and was a toss-up: their mojito skirt steak was so delicious, but their ancho Filet took top honors -- it was served perfectly cooked (medium rare) with some incredible favor combos blending espresso, cilantro, and ancho chiles.

Dessert? We were too full. Overall, a great dinner that was enjoyed by our entire group.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BlueWaterMG, Management at Havana Blue, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
It's great to hear that you had such a lovely time with us while celebrating a special dinner! It sounds like you really gave our menu a pretty solid sampling. It's a shame that you were too full for dessert, but we couldn't be happier to hear that the meal left you so satisfied. Should you ever return to the islands, we'd love for you to stop in to HAVANA BLUE again, and maybe save some room for dessert! Thanks for the fantastic review and for celebrating with us.