“LOVE LOVE LOVE”
Review of Bella Blu

Bella Blu
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Blu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Definitely my favorite restaurant in St Thomas. Bella Blu reminds you of a restaurant in NYC. It's tiny but packs a big punch. You can dine at a table or sit at the bar and chat it up with the Regulars! I always eat there when I visit. My favorite is Brian's Pasta! It's GOOOOOOD!!!! Great wine and cocktails. Beautiful Restaurant!!! Frenchtown's Finest :)

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This wonderful Establishment is tucked away in Frenchtown. This restaurant has been there for 30 years run by the same owner. It has a wonderful menu along with an amazing wine list. The food is fantastic. The servers are friendly and looking to please the customer. Don't let this one slip by you.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Many restaurants are nearby, but Bella is a "can't miss" place.
The food is very well prepared and the service is professional.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Bella blu on a Friday night as a last resort (our first picks were located around but were all closed on that Friday night.

We ordered a bottle of wine to start with, and a bowl of shrimp bisque and fried calamary. The soup was very good, but the calamari was very cold. We ate it and enjoyed the brasil aioli that came with it.

Our main course was good but nothing spectacular. The menu seems to be more focused on Italian dishes (maybe Austrian and Italian food are similar). I ordered the stuffed chicken breast with spinach and feta cheese, mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach with pine nuts. My husband ordered the tuna steak and a spinach salad. He ordered a rare tuna steak but it came medium rare. The salad was very basic and served with a balsamic vinaigrette.

We ordered the chocolate bread pudin with nuts. I have to say this as a chef....remove this dessert from your menu or rework on ir. The pudin was dry and served only with a huge lump of wipped cream. The coffee was good though.

Overall the meal was average and I wouldn't put this restaurant on my top 5 list if I'm back in St Thomas.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our meals were okay, nothing all that special. The wine list was about the same. Service was good. Better places, though, especially in Frenchtown. A little pricey for a meal I could have easily made in my own kitchen.