“Unique Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Virgilio's

Virgilio's
Ranked #37 of 259 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Unique Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Virilio's is a tiny restaurant located off Main Street in downtown Charlotte Amelie. Food and service was excellent and the atmosphere of this little gem was wonderful. Walls covered in artwork, famous and obscure, provide many points of interest as you enjoy the great food and wine. Can't wait for next visit!

Visited October 2012

York, United Kingdom
“Poor Italian”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just a disappointing experience. The food was okay, the service was okay and the atmosphere was quite interesting. But when all combined, I wouldn't go back as there are more interesting, comparable places to eat!

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Ramon, California
“Excellent Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

A few locals recommended Virgilio's when we asked for an Italian Restaurant. My Girlfriend and I were pleasantly surprised when we found this small quiet eatery tucked away on a side-street near the center of downtown.

We arrived around 5:00 and almost had the restaraunt to ourselves. It's a little small, but definitely more upscale than the rest restaraunts we ate at while on St. Thomas. The walls are decorated with Italian-themed paintings, prints, posters, and pictures that added a nice touch to the ambiance. Our waiter started us off with some excellent garlic bread - soft, yet toasted with a garlic butter. Delicious!

Their menu had a decent assortment of appetizers, pasta, chicken, seafood, and even vegetarian dishes.

We started with their Mozzarella sticks. These were not your normal deep fried Cheese Sticks you find and many restaraunts. They were slightly crunchy, but mostly cheese, covered in their excellent marinara sauce. Very delicous and the perfect appetizer before our meal.

I was craving Lasagna, so I went with that. My girlfriend loves Lasagna as well, but she is a vegetarian, so she was very happy to find a Vegetarian Lasagna on the menu. Both versions were excellent. Their marinara sauce was one of the best I've ever tasted and the italian sausage, pasta, and cheeses added to the perfect blend. My Girlfriend absolutely loved hers as well.

Their dessert menu had the normal italian fare, plus a New York Style cheese Cake (maybe it was Riccotta Cheescake?). We ordered the Cheesecake and Tiramaso, and both were exactly what you would expect.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David O
Snohomish, WA
“Absolutely NOT worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Firstly, on a Tuesday night, there was only one other couple in the restaurant. It was empty! My lasagna tasted just like a microwaved dish---definitely not worth $25. The cannoli was terrible---it tasted so bad that I refused to eat it. I've had MANY cannoli's in my life and this tasted NOTHING like one. The service was nothing special. Watch out---they will charge you $10 for a salad with your entree. Also, downtown Charlotte Amalie doesn't seem safe at night---have a cab take you straight to the door and pick you up.

Visited August 2012
Thousand Oaks, California
“Quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

A local jeweler recommended this place, as the summer heat was blazing and the restaurant is air conditioned. Our lunch group was weary from the heat and hungry, and we ordered iced teas and sandwiches. The service was slow, but the food was excellent. It appeared to me that this was a pretty swanky place for dining, judging by the other patrons and reading the menu.
The atmosphere is interesting with a variety of classic art and paintings. The downside would be that it smelled musty, probably due to the severe humidity in the Caribbean.

• Visited July 2012