“A gem in the generally awful Virgin Island dinning scene.”

Tavern on the Waterfront
Ranked #79 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Tavern on the Waterfront was a pleasure with great food, attentive service and a family atmosphere. Plus, a really well stocked bar.

The "Danish" ribs were succulent and was happy with the choice of European, American and Island classics.

Definitely worth stopping by.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great view. We went on Christmas Day. Had dinner at 6, expensive. The ham dinner was great. But I didn't like the pot pie. Attentive wait staff.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My hubby and I stopped here for lunch last week while on a cruise. We like to visit local restaurants when in the islands and this one looked inviting with it's 2nd floor views of the water and ample menu choices. Our waiter Ken(I believe he manages this spot) was very friendly, helpful and quite entertaining. We enjoyed our meal; I had the fish sandwich and my husband had the hot ham and swiss. Both were very good. I would recommend this place!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Here on St. Thomas for just a few nights. Had eaten here several years ago and remembered it as being good, not sure if it's still the same owners but thought we would try it again. Chef (owner?) is Eastern European so has a few menu choices we didn't expect to see on STT. Cabbage rolls and pierogi! My MIL used to make cabbage rolls, and I know I will be getting a lot of seafood elsewhere this week so had to go with both as an entree. Yum! The cabbage rolls were a#1 especially. Ended dinner with made to order apple strudel and that was great too. Super nice waitress, Kristine (?) from Minnesota.

Only thing that bothered us is they automatically add the tip to the bill, so if you're not watching you could double tip since when they bring you your cc slip it gives you tip suggestions when it's already been added on :( I think that's a tourist thing since many people don't get US tipping. But I'm not comfy with it.

Food wise though, really great, nice harbor view, couple outdoor tables even. Would recommend!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a solidly good restaurant. I like that there's a bit of variation from the standard tourist menu with the homemade Polish specialties but other than that the restaurant didn't stand out.

We went for dinner, the standout dish was the flaming shrimp appetizer which I enjoyed a lot but my main course was uninspiring. I felt the prices were a bit high for the quality and ambiance but that may be due to the high traffic location.

The service was, however, exceptionally good.

I would go back but mostly because it's convenient to lodging.