“Great food”

Ranked #23 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mim’s Seaside Bistro is a beautiful oceanfront restaurant in St. Thomas that specializes in fresh seafood dishes. With house specialties including coconut curry lobster, baked stuffed lobster and conch fritters, Mim’s is a little slice of heaven for seafood lovers. We offer everything from king crab legs and fresh fish to chicken wings and creative pasta dishes. Our two large patios are the perfect setting for a relaxing dinner by the ocean, and our location right on the beach at Bolongo Bay gives us access to the best sunset view around.To get your appetite going, choose from our lobster and crab dip, coconut shrimp or calamari appetizers. For the main event, pick from one of our countless seafood dishes like the Grilled Mahi Mahi, King Crab Legs or Breaded Sea Scallops. For those who don’t particularly enjoy fish, we have plenty of non-seafood options to choose from. Try our stuffed artichoke hearts, fried brie, chicken alfredo pasta or one of our juicy steaks. Enjoy the island breeze while sipping a beer or one of our unique cocktails, from the always-popular Caribbean Margarita to the more daring Sex on the Beach in Winter or Beach Bar Bomber. Make sure to save room for our Key Lime Pie or Butterscotch Walnut Bread Pudding.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Food was great,not cheap but was so good we all love it,Lobster about 2 lbs,was about $49 it was so good! nice view by water & staff was great

mimdefreitas, Owner at Mim's Seaside Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thanks for your review! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal with us.

There are newer reviews for Mim's Seaside Bistro

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Mim's tied for first place as my families favorite restaurant on the island of St. Thomas. We walked in at met Mim herself who was so nice and easy to talk to. I told her I loved food but had never taken a fancy to lobster. I had heard from many locals that her restaurant was recommended by just about everyone even on trip advisor. I asked her advise and she told me I would love the coconut lobster and would not be disappointed.
Ok, it was FANTASTIC! We also order the regular lobster with butter sauce but wow, that coconut lobster redeemed all my so so thoughts of lobster dishes. You have to order it. My eyeballs rolled to the back of my head it was so good! The peanut butter pie was also very good.
The restaurant was so much fun to eat at because it was casual, right on the beach in open air and just had a pleasing fun atmosphere.
Mim was a sweetheart and even brought us some appetizers on the house because it was so busy that night and orders were a little backed up.
My recommendation is EAT AT MIM'S - EAT AT MIM'S - EAT AT MIM'S

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation. It was a pleasure meeting you the other day. I'm thrilled to hear that even though you've never taken a fancy to lobster, you thought ours was out of this world. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time, and I look forward to your next visit.

All the best,
Mim

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went for dinner Precilla was a gem she took care of us from our appitizer to dessert. We both did pasta and they were both great flavors. They even put a candle down by our feet so the bugs would stay away. The bread pudding was yum!

mimdefreitas, Owner at Mim's Seaside Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy to hear that from your first to last bite, you felt we took great take of you. It was our pleasure making sure you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

AMAZING!!!! ambience and food was amazing. Every cab driver on the island will recommend this place, and there is a reason. the staff, food, view from you table, and price tag is amazing. We strongly recommend having dinner here if your in St. Thomas.

mimdefreitas, Owner at Mim's Seaside Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Hi Jon,

One word: THANKS! I truly appreciate your recommendation, and I'm happy to know you found everything so amazing. I hope you had a wonderful vacation to St. Thomas, and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I ate here for our anniversary, and this was a great choice. The restaurant is right on the ocean, and our table was the nearest to the ocean, and the ambiance because of this was excellent, just couldn't have asked for more. The atmosphere is casual, we both had shorts on and were not out of place at all.

The food was very good. My wife's steak was cooked to perfection, and my 3 pound lobster was incredible. I had the house specialty lobsters, which is a sweet curry lobster, and it was great.

The service was pretty good as well. Not quite as quick as I would expect in the states, but you are on island time, and though they might not be the quickest, they were very good.

The only negative thing you could say about this place is the price. Our combined tab was a little over $150, and we didn't drink anything. Then again, we were on the beach and I did have a 3 pound lobster, so I guess it probably wasn't that high.

I would definitely choose this place again for celebrating my anniversary, and with any luck I'll be back again next year.

Hello Josh,

Happy Anniversary! I'm thrilled that you and your wife decided to celebrate the occasion with us. We try to keep our atmosphere romantic, but not stuffy. We want all our guests to feel comfortable and relaxed here.

I'm also glad to hear you found our food succulent and delicious. We're lucky to live right on the water, and order our seafood from local purveyors as much as possible. This might make our prices a bit higher, but our customers appreciate the fresh, high quality ingredients we use to cook our dishes.

Thank you for your kind review. I hope you're able to return next year as well!

All the best,