“Great Meal”

Ranked #22 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mim’s Seaside Bistro is a beautiful oceanfront restaurant in St. Thomas that specializes in fresh seafood dishes. With house specialties including coconut curry lobster, baked stuffed lobster and conch fritters, Mim’s is a little slice of heaven for seafood lovers. We offer everything from king crab legs and fresh fish to chicken wings and creative pasta dishes. Our two large patios are the perfect setting for a relaxing dinner by the ocean, and our location right on the beach at Bolongo Bay gives us access to the best sunset view around.To get your appetite going, choose from our lobster and crab dip, coconut shrimp or calamari appetizers. For the main event, pick from one of our countless seafood dishes like the Grilled Mahi Mahi, King Crab Legs or Breaded Sea Scallops. For those who don’t particularly enjoy fish, we have plenty of non-seafood options to choose from. Try our stuffed artichoke hearts, fried brie, chicken alfredo pasta or one of our juicy steaks. Enjoy the island breeze while sipping a beer or one of our unique cocktails, from the always-popular Caribbean Margarita to the more daring Sex on the Beach in Winter or Beach Bar Bomber. Make sure to save room for our Key Lime Pie or Butterscotch Walnut Bread Pudding.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went for dinner Precilla was a gem she took care of us from our appitizer to dessert. We both did pasta and they were both great flavors. They even put a candle down by our feet so the bugs would stay away. The bread pudding was yum!

mimdefreitas, Owner at Mim's Seaside Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy to hear that from your first to last bite, you felt we took great take of you. It was our pleasure making sure you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to your next visit!

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2012

AMAZING!!!! ambience and food was amazing. Every cab driver on the island will recommend this place, and there is a reason. the staff, food, view from you table, and price tag is amazing. We strongly recommend having dinner here if your in St. Thomas.

mimdefreitas, Owner at Mim's Seaside Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Hi Jon,

One word: THANKS! I truly appreciate your recommendation, and I'm happy to know you found everything so amazing. I hope you had a wonderful vacation to St. Thomas, and I look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I ate here for our anniversary, and this was a great choice. The restaurant is right on the ocean, and our table was the nearest to the ocean, and the ambiance because of this was excellent, just couldn't have asked for more. The atmosphere is casual, we both had shorts on and were not out of place at all.

The food was very good. My wife's steak was cooked to perfection, and my 3 pound lobster was incredible. I had the house specialty lobsters, which is a sweet curry lobster, and it was great.

The service was pretty good as well. Not quite as quick as I would expect in the states, but you are on island time, and though they might not be the quickest, they were very good.

The only negative thing you could say about this place is the price. Our combined tab was a little over $150, and we didn't drink anything. Then again, we were on the beach and I did have a 3 pound lobster, so I guess it probably wasn't that high.

I would definitely choose this place again for celebrating my anniversary, and with any luck I'll be back again next year.

Hello Josh,

Happy Anniversary! I'm thrilled that you and your wife decided to celebrate the occasion with us. We try to keep our atmosphere romantic, but not stuffy. We want all our guests to feel comfortable and relaxed here.

I'm also glad to hear you found our food succulent and delicious. We're lucky to live right on the water, and order our seafood from local purveyors as much as possible. This might make our prices a bit higher, but our customers appreciate the fresh, high quality ingredients we use to cook our dishes.

Thank you for your kind review. I hope you're able to return next year as well!

All the best,

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The food is fantastic and the view is even better. The service was be best and very quick and friendly. A place I would go back to again.

1  Thank Thorswife

Thanks for your review! I'm pleased to hear you plan on dining with us again. Hope to see you soon!

Best,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Mims is a small restaurant but had great views and food and our service was the best. We had Junie and she was wonderful. All our food was great the one that stood out the most was the mim special which was the lobster tail stuffed with curry and coconut and of course lobster meat it was yummy. As far as our server Junie you need to ask for her she was GREAT!! She even helped us find a coconut yes a coconut, our 5 year son the minute he landed in St. Thomas wanted to drink out of a coconut which we had no clue how to or where to find him one aside from climbing a tree ourselves and we were not going to do that.....:-) So Junie said she would get someone to get us the coconut and she sure did. Junie got us three big coconuts and my son was in heaven. He got to drink out of the coconut!! Thank you so much Junie!!

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm thrilled to hear Junie went out of her way to make sure your son had a special memory of his vacation. I'll definitely pass along your message to her, she'll be happy to know you appreciated her service so much. I hope you had a wonderful vacation, and I look forward to your next visit.

Take care,