“Lovely experience and lovely food, friendly but less than efficient service”

Hook, Line & Sinker
Ranked #19 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This place has a lovely atmosphere- festive but not too loud, friendly, and right by the water.
The fish entrees we ordered were super-fresh, and the drinks incredible.
Whilst not cheap, it's not overpriced either.
Our server was very hospitable and friendly, but having said that, the service was somewhat inefficient, with lack of attention to detail, things being forgotten, and entrees coming out in the wrong sequence. Of course it is not fair to judge the entire restaurant on the basis of that one server, so I'm not going to downgrade my score. Overall: was it one of the best culinary experiences of my life? No. But would I go back? Sure!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great seafood to be had here. Another gem in Charlotte Amalie's Frenchtown. May need reservations if you dine late, but an early meal is usually easy to get a table. Good food and service and a lovely view of the bay plus fresh air as the windows are open giving it an outside dining feel. I had the Caesar salad and lobster Rangoon appetizer both of which were delicious. Reasonably priced and comfortable little restaurant!

1  Thank elainewny
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This place is located next to the fishermen's landing in French Town, a bit hard to find, its more of a local hang out. Everything is good on the menu and they usually offer "real" catch of the day. Don't expect snappy waiter service, or snazzy ambiance, think beach bar and grill, go in your best hawaiian shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I love this place - and it's my lunch spot every time I land on the island! I'm a creature of habit, so just about every time I go, I get the grouper with lemon butter sauce, with mashed potatoes and vegetable. Man - it's awesome. Not a light meal, but it is so pleasing to the palate!

The restaurant is right on the water - lovely views from the window seats. It's located in French Town.

Give it a try!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Visiting on the island for two week honeymoon, this is one of our favorite locations for lunch with plans of going back before we leave for dinner! Both the service and food was wonderful and the drinks were amazing. You have a beautiful view of the water, boats and Charlotte Amalia boat area! Enjoyed this dining experience!