“Great food courteous staff and owner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hook, Line & Sinker

Hook, Line & Sinker
Ranked #23 of 259 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food courteous staff and owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

This retsraunt was reccomended to me by a friend who is from St Thomas. I decide to eat here after taking a self guided tour of down town Charlotte Amalie. It was a nice walk to the resteraunt it is off the beaten path behind McDonalds. I had to ask a bar tender at a near by hotel how to find the resteraunt. The food was great and since it was dark I ask the waitress to call a cab to get me back to my hotel safely. The owner of the resteraunt over heard our converstaion and offered to drive me back to my hotel The Bestwestern Emerald Beach at no charge.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank WeekendTreker

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Not bad, though a bit slow on the service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

This restaurant is right on the docks in Frenchtown. There is no air conditioning, though the air is circulated constantly by ceiling fans. The docor reminds me of a bar - which it is. The centerpiece of the establishment is the bar, and most of the non-bar seating are booths with hard wooden benches. This is definitely not a white tablecloth kind of place.

The focus of the menu is seafood, which the chefs prepare competently. However, diners should be careful regarding what they order as there are large pricing disparities for similar dishes. For example, I ordered a carribean style lobster tail, and my wife ordered just a regular lobster tail. The quantity of the food was about the same, and both were cooked just fine; however, my dish was $10 more. I'm not sure what the difference was - perhaps it was because there's more work required to take the tail out of the shell to cook it, and then to reassemble?

The wait staff is very nice and friendly. However, perhaps because it was the off-season and they were short-staffed, the kitchen seemed to be overwhelmed with the orders placed by all the diners (and it wasn't full - there were only about 5 or 6 occupied tables when we were there).

Our food took quite a while to come out, and we didn't get our entrees for about an hour after we ordered. Once we got the food, we thought the food was decent, but probably only a little better than average for a seafood establishment. This is not a fancy place, but it is good for a drink, and a decent seafood fix. The price for the 5 of us (2 young kids each ordering off the kids menu, 1 tween ordering a normal entree, and 2 adults ordering lobster) was about $160 (including tip).

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank TravellerMD68
“Good food, casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

We had lunch here with our kids 5 & 9, they have a good kids menu and friendly staff. We enjoyed our food and the casual open air feeling of the restaurant. Waitress messed up our order but fixed it quickly and gave us free sodas.

Scranton
“Good food but needs better ventilation inside.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Food and service were good but sitting inside close to the kitchen heat was pouring off of the roof down on top of us. I would recommend eating outside if possible. Beware tables in the center of room.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect evening with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I have to say this was the best of all they places we had dinner during our week in st. Thomas. The service surpassed my expectation and the staff was very helpful with meal selection. The food quality and quantity was also better than expected for the price. Overall this is the one you don't want to miss.

1 Thank mijon