“Great lunch with Gladys”
Review of Gladys' Cafe

Gladys' Cafe
Ranked #13 of 266 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Try authentic Creole Caribbean and Continental dishes at breakfast and lunch in a colonial warehouse in downtown Charlotte Amalie. Sample all three varieties of Gladys' world famous homemade Hot Sauce - it makes great gifts for your spicy-food-loving friends.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I went to Glady's Cafe and had a great lunch. We each had fresh Mahi Mahi for the main course, but really enjoyed the appetizer of fresh pita chips and guacamole. Gladys also makes her own hot sauces. They are out of this world.
We ate at the bar and were served by Gladys. Great fun and great food.

1  Thank Bill H

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great local food. Went here with the family , staff is friendly. Recommend getting the special of the day or one of the local dishes , amazing . I had the chicken curry which I enjoyed , my wife had the local Wahoo blackened and love it . Will return next time we are in town.

2  Thank Komodor19
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This little gem is usually open for breakfast and lunch only, but they stayed open for dinner at 5PM on a thursday afternoon. The local food was perfection, green plantains, conch fritters (the best I have ever eaten) and curry goat were amazing and the service was top notch. Like literally everything in St Thomas the price was outlandish, but commensurate with local prices.

1  Thank dharma42
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went to Gladys' on the recommendation of several people at the Marriott (where we were staying). The area is quaint and reminded both my wife and me of New Orleans. The restaurant is nothing to write home about in either decor or food. It wasn't bad, but it won't stand out as memorable either. Additionally, upon review of our check we found several charges that shouldn't have been there . . . after discussion the waiter removed them, but it did make me wonder whether that was 'par for the course'?

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Tourists and locals alike gravitate to Gladys', which is located downtown in one of the alleys (I forget the name). The place is loaded with atmosphere from the old Danish handmade bricks to the singing staff and Gladys herself who loves to share her philosophies of life. Sign just inside the front door says "We Be Cookin". That about sums it up.

1  Thank iheartcedarbrook