“Great Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gladys' Cafe

Gladys' Cafe
Ranked #13 of 259 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cafe, Jamaican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Try authentic Creole Caribbean and Continental dishes at breakfast and lunch in a colonial warehouse in downtown Charlotte Amalie. Sample all three varieties of Gladys' world famous homemade Hot Sauce - it makes great gifts for your spicy-food-loving friends.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

You must try the home made guacamole with home made chips! Had to make a separate trip back for seconds!

Denver, Colorado
“Yummy fresh local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

The food is distinctive and local, and very tasty. I loved the feel of the place, the brick walls, the artwork. The service was quick and courteous. I wish we'd eaten more meals there!

Oakland, California
“Good Place to Get Some Authentic Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stopped in St. Thomas for the day on our 7 day cruise and a local recommended this place. Overall this was a good choice. The place was airconditioned which was good because the temp outside was in the 90s. I had the Jerk Pork chops which were really good and inexpensively priced (about $15 for two). It came with rice and vegetables. Top it off with a lemonade (they have a full bar as well). Another friend had the steak with a salad and commented on how good it was. Another friend had some fried plantain on her plate. The special of the day was oxtails (which after tasting, I should have ordered that). The portions were well worth the price. The service was ok. The guy that was helping us was in hurry for us to take our orders. Someone in my party made a comment to the owner's sister and he seemed to calm down after that and was more patient with us. The food came out in a timely fashion. I would stop there again if I ever make it back to St. Thomas.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Total disappointment, skip it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Gladys' came highly recommended. We enjoyed terrible service, rude waitresses, and sub-par food.

1 Thank Havalemon
Nashport, Ohio
“Excellent Local Caribbean Food-A Must Try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I stopped by Gladys Cafe while in port on our caribbean food-it was highly recommended by some locals, as we wanted to try a local dish. It is located in a back alley, so you need to make sure you follow the signs and the directions given to you, to get to it.
I had the caribbean jerk chicken sandwich and it was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had! The season was perfect, along with using some of Glady's own homemade hot sauce!! My husband had the caribbean jerk fish and he said it was delicious as well! We also shared a conch fritter appetizer..very yummy!! I have never had fresh conch like this!
Highly recommended and get yourself a bottle of the Glady's homemade hot sauce too before leaving!

• Visited October 2011