“enjoyable!”

Beni Iguana's Sushi Bar and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beni Iguana's Sushi Bar and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 271 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Dining options: Reservations
Description: What separates Beni Iguana’s most from other sushi bars, besides our great sushi and large fish portions, are our mussels. In fact, we guarantee you will love our mussels just as much as you will love our famous Iguana Sauce. Our Iguana Sauce was originally designed for our veggie rolls and salads, but our patrons started using it for everything else on our menu. In fact, this much sought-after condiment is quickly becoming expected by our regulars. Come in to try our savory dishes that everyone enjoys so much.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Some of the best sushi i have ever eaten. the mussels are a must try! the bite size (not portion) of the rolls could actually been a bit smaller but all i can say is - WOW! Enjoyed our service. Dined with a party of 13.

4  Thank Slov42
Todd R, Owner at Beni Iguana's Sushi Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Best sushi you've eaten? We're honored! Sounds like the 13 of you had a fabulous time with us. I couldn't be happier to hear it! Hopefully you'll be back to see us. We think it's never too soon for another vacation!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I never really ate sushi before and my wife wanted to eat there when we were in St. Thomas for our wedding in June 2012. I became a sushi fan and we ate there 3 times during our stay. We are in St. Thomas again and are planning to eat lunch there tomorrow.

2  Thank Wayne B
Todd R, Owner at Beni Iguana's Sushi Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Wow! We can't believe you saw us three times during your honeymoon, Wayne. Glad we could convert you into a sushi-lover. Looking forward to seeing you again during your stay this week.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Great chef, nice clean venue, and stellar sushi! Much better than that smelly Buddha place! Our waitress was delightful.

2  Thank Beverly B
Todd R, Owner at Beni Iguana's Sushi Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Beverly, glad to hear you had a fabulous time with us! We appreciate the kind words on our atmosphere, service and food. Looking forward to your next visit.

Thanks for the support,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Let’s start with this was some of the best sushi we have had and we have been eating sushi for over 40 years! The prices seemed a little on the high side even for St Thomas but when it arrived there was not a question that the rolls were delicious! There was quite a large amount of fish and or vegetables in each roll and very fresh. For the food I would go back again. What put a damper on the delicious dinner was everything else. We asked for a glass of tap water and we were told they did not have tap water only bottled at $3.00/bottle. Afterwards we thought we should have asked – Do you wash your dishes in bottled water? Tea was Tetley - $3.00 for 1 cup. We ordered sashimi - $5.00 for a small bowl of rice. The service was not wonderful – one waitress for the entire restaurant – and they added 18% gratuity automatically to the bill. If you got it as take out it was a 10% automatic gratuity. With that – who needs good service they know they get their tip no matter what. The dinner took about 40 minutes to arrive and there were not many people in the restaurant when we arrived – can’t imagine what it would be like with a full house. I think I would stick with take out and hopefully they would take a phone order so you wouldn’t have to wait too long. The last thing that irritated us was that there were many tables with uncleared dirty dishes – like I said stick to it as take out!

1  Thank alkatcape
Todd R, Owner at Beni Iguana's Sushi Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that a great experience was marred by subpar service. Sounds like the sushi was a hit, though. Please accept my apologies for slow inattentive service. I hope you'll understand that the decision to include gratuity on both dine-in and take-out orders was something we felt like we needed to implement.

I know you suggested ordering take out instead of dining in with us, but I think that should you find yourself in our area you'll stop by again. I promise you we're capable of amazing service. What you received is not the norm.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

A fun place to have a drink with a great view. The food is good and the atmosphere is great! Service is fast and attentive.

1  Thank Darrell C
Todd R, Owner at Beni Iguana's Sushi Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Darrell, thanks for sharing! We're glad you enjoyed our food, atmosphere, service and, last but not least, the view. What did you end up having to eat? I'd love to know.

Thanks again,