“Beautiful view, very good service and food”
Review of Room With a View

Room With a View
Reserve with OpenTable
Room With a View is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1995.
Smithtown, New York
“Beautiful view, very good service and food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a short wait to get a table and we had a reservation we made a short time before. The service was very good and the owner and staff were friendly and accommodating. They gave us a great table with an awesome view!! The appetizer was a crab crepe and it was just OK. My dinner was shrimp and scallops over pasta and it was delicious. The sauce was excellent and beautiful scallops. I did not get to try other family membesrs dishes because mine was so good. Dessert was a brownie with fudge sauce which was just OK.

Visited July 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Deceiving”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food was very average - more like cafeteria food - and, in my view, overpriced. Service was OK but I did not appreciate the insistance on bottled water and the fact that the waiter offered French bread or garlic bread without mentioning that garlic bread cost 5 $.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Finebouche11
Mastic Beac
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant on St. Thomas”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

George and his team do an excellent job of providing the best food, served with class, an assortment of items to choose from starting with appetizers to the best desserts ever. An amazing view from Bluebeards Castle and loving acccomodations. Heres to you George

• Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Don't Waste Your Time”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ok, we did have a large group. 14 people. We had 2 waiters. One for each side of the table. 2 bottles of wine was brought for half of the people to drink. My wife asked for a wine glass 3 times. By the time it arrived, the wine was gone. One side of the table received their food and was through eating it before ours ever arrived. The orders were taken at the same time.
My wife and I split a filet and lobster. It arrived on one plate. We asked for an additional plate. It took 5 minutes to arrive. The lobster was cold. The filet looked like something you would find at Sizzler or Ponderosa or the cheapest steak house you know. Now here is the good part. We arrived and our reservation was for 6pm. We had to catch a ferry by 9pm. So we had to leave at 8:45pm at the very latest. Around 8:25pm we asked for the checks. They never came. We wound up asking 4 times for the checks. I asked the maitred' twice. He looked at me if I was a total nuisance. Instead of saying, I'll take care of it. He yelled at the waiter. When they did arrive, a family's meal was on 2 different checks because they sat across from each other. We still tipped. Left in a hurry to catch our ride to the ferry. 3 of our party was not out of the restaurant. One went back to get them. Their bill was totally incorrect. They had been charged double on most of the items they ordered. We could not wait any longer to catch the ferry. They paid the bill as it was. They had to call their credit card company the next day to contest the charges.
Don't waste your money.
More importantly don't waste your time.
Oh, and the view?
Great if you like looking a port ship docks.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Joe19601984
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Best Meal During our 8-Day Visit”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

At first, you might think twice about choosing this restaurant as it is located on the hill of Blue Beard Castle and Hotel, which is an older facility, but looks are deceiving. Once inside the ambiance is perfect and the name is accurate. The views of the Harbor are beautiful. The food was first class and the service was first rate - not pretenious, but classy. I opted for the Chicken Marsala as I was pretty much "fished" out by the end of our stay on St. Thomas. I was pleasantly surprised by the richness of the dish. It was the closest to what I consider authentic Chicken Marsala. We ended the evening with a mango flamb'e which was big enough to share. Take a chance on this gem, and you won't be disappointed. Prices were in line with other restaurants we visited. Expect a bill of $35-40 before drinks and dessert per person if you upgrade the salad.

• Visited June 2013