“Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Room With a View

Room With a View
Ranked #6 of 259 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated since 1995.
Pensacola, Fl
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

While visiting in St. Thomas we ate at Room with a View. There were five of us and our bill was around $180.
They have a good selection of appetizers and entrees. If your into wine it appears they have well stocked selection to choice from. Our food was well prepared and satisfying. The entrees were large and I felt that we received a good food value for the money spent. Both my girls took to-go boxes because they were unable to finish their meals.
We arrived just before dark and got to watch the harbor come alive with lights as the sun set while we ate. The atmosphere is very comfortable and I am sure we will eat here again.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Amazing View; Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This restaurant is at Bluebeard's Castle. It was THE nicest restaurant we visited at St. Thomas.
We started at the bar for great Happy Hour specials. The Moscato was good. The appetizers were wonderful (meatballs and garlic bread were DELISH). $40 tab for apps & 5 drinks.
The food was wonderful and this is the only restaurant we visited in St. Thomas that had great service (Sue was awesome). Other places to eat are on "island time" but Sue was more like what we expect for good service.
We ate inside b/c we wanted the air conditioning but the seats outside have the better view. Outside seats were over the pool below and kids were in the pool that evening so I'm not sure how intimate that was.
We will most certainly eat here again when we come back to St. Thomas.
$65 for 2 of us included beer for him, no alcohol for me and no dessert.

Texas
“Nice menu and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to get a table on the balcony which offered great views. However,the noise from the hotel pool just below the balcony and the noisy kids were to us, out of place. Had we known we would be listening to youngsters playing in the pool we may have elected to eat inside. That being said it was still very good service and yummy food. The portions plenty!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“This food snob approves!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stopped in for appetizers and a glass of wine while waiting for another restaurant on the property to open and was so impressed I decided to skip the other restaurant and instead made a dinner reservation here a bit later in the evening. During Happy Hour, I sat at the bar and was taken care of by Steve, a former NYer whose been on the island for 35 years. Steve, though technically the bartender, provided excellent service. Noticing I was a bit hesitant to order the $5 Happy Hour Moscato, he poured me a taste, and it was exactly what I was hoping for, pleasantly light and sweet with a slight effervescence. My daughter was interested in ordering the Lobster Bisque but was also a bit hesitant so he brought her a taste of it, as well. It was one of the best Lobster Bisques anywhere...delicate and creamy... undoubtedly fresh...perfectly flavored with just a hint of sherry. After I tried it, I was pretty sure the rest of food wouldn't disappoint, and it did not. I ordered the tapenade, which was finely diced and incredibly savory with just enough lemon juice to balance the brininess but not overpower it. I also had the Caesar salad. The lettuce was crisp and fresh, the croutons clearly made in house, as was the dressing. My daughter had the fish sticks which I was told were made from Swai. They were incredibly fresh...a nice light but crispy panko crust on the outside...no hint of greasiness...tender and moist on the inside.
Dinner was also wonderful...beautiful view...charming interior...great service...and more wonderful food. My daughter had the lentil soup...deliciously flavored! We shared the curried scallops which were cooked perfectly...so sweet and tender, beautifully caramelized on the outside and served with a delicious creamy curry sauce that I could have eaten alone! Pork tenderloin with a banana chutney was our main entrée and it was so moist and tender we didn't even need to use our knives to cut it.
Highly recommend this place...beautiful and romantic...great views...fantastic service...and food so good even this self-described food snob was beyond impressed!

san antonio tx
“Best view, should be rated higher.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This was one of our groups favorite places, great wine list, great food, one amazing view. The only downside was the price of the taxi ride from the ritz.