“Good Food, Good Service”

Cuzzin's Caribbean Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #11 of 267 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I was just here on my visit to St. Thomas. Our taxi driver, Boaz, recommended this place when I asked him for a good, local food spot. Cuzzzin's is a quaint restaurant visited by both locals and tourists alike and the food did not disappoint! I ordered the *special* for the day: shrimp and conch w/ creole sauce. It was delicious! It came with three sides of my choice. I ordered the plantains, fungi (which is cornmeal and okra), and peas and rice. I also tried the passion fruit drink, which was excellent. When I'm back in town, I'll definitely go again.

1  Thank Traci_S

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This has to be one of the best Caribbean meals you will ever have. They are open for lunch only - we shared the creole shrimp and jerk chicken and for sides we had cole slaw, crispy French fries, fried plantain and rice & peas. Every bite was fabulous. You can also request their homemade hot sauce - if you like spicy, that is the sauce for you. If you are going to St. Thomas, you must have lunch here.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Food was excellent. Bit pricey, but hey it's a tourist destination/area so what do you expect? I had the jerk chicken with 2 orders of sweet plantains and rice and peas (red beans). $12 .... For that price it was a great deal.
Only downside of this place ... No Johnny Cakes! :(
Other menu items like seafood and other specialty items were a bit pricier ($15-22). I would definitely recommend, and I would come back!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very "homey" and attentive. Great service and the food was delis ious. We have eaten there several times on different trips.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Some of the best truly authentic caribean food we've had. We ate there two days in a row.
curried mutton is excellent. Tried "fungi" as a side, turns out it is cornmeal with okra inside...very tasty! Next time we're in town, we will eat here again.