“Beautiful view, great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Banana Tree Grille

Banana Tree Grille
Ranked #31 of 259 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Beautiful view, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We ate here on our first night at Bluebeard's Castle. No reservation, but we were given a very nice table. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable, the food was great. I would return.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Melissa M

Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Consistently Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Each year we go to St Thomas, we always bring our friends to this wonderful restaurant. We are never disappointed! The staff is efficient which is key since we are usually a party of 10.
The owner, Liz, always stops by to make sure we are happy and is helpful when making menu selections. This place has very good food but is not pretentious at all. I highly recommend the chicken - the sauce is wonderful!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gail C
NY
“Simply Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

As our visit to St. Thomas drew to a close we were looking for one final great restaurant for a memorable dinner. We wanted good food, outdoor seating and a great view. We asked at our hotel and the Banana Tree Grille (BTG) and it's neighbor, Room With A View, we're continually recommended. Seeing as they literally share the same patio we decided to investigate them both, one for dinner and the other for a cocktail. We had a nice cocktail at Room and then went next door to BTG, it just looked nicer. We did not have a reservation but found the hostess to be very accommodating.
Because we were early she allowed us our choice of tables and we sat front & center with an absolutely amazing view of the harbor. Our waiter, Tom, came by and introduced himself and we each ordered a cocktail. The Manhattans we received were done perfectly & we proceeded to the menu.
We both decided on a steak, one a strip the other a filet, and two shared sides. We also ordered a bottle of wine, hey we weren't driving!
Everything was delicious and accompanied by friendly but unobtrusive service. The steaks were both cooked precisely to order and delicious cuts.
We finished with cappuccinos and dessert and paid our bill. A perfect dinner with the best view in St. Thomas.
Here's where it gets a little interesting. I flew home the next day and, on the plane, I was reviewing my receipts. I noticed that the bill from BTG included 2 bottles of wine instead of only one. Quite frankly it looked like a simple error, not an attempt to take advantage. Also, I should have caught it before I signed for it. So two days later I'm home in NY and I call the restaurant and explain to an employee what happened. She was polite and cooperative and said she was sure that the owner, Liz, would take care of it when she got there. I asked for Liz's email and sent her a scanned copy of the receipt and told her what happened. Not even an hour later Liz responded, apologized and said the duplicate bottle would be credited within the day. She also asked how I would like to adjust the tip, which I declined to do. As I said, it was my fault as much as anyone's. The credit showed up online the very next day!
Considering I was almost 2,000 miles away I was amazed at Liz's prompt, polite consideration. We exchanged a few more emails and I feel like I made a friend. I can't wait to go back to BTG next trip and meet Liz in person.
This is a first class restaurant with great food, great service and a great owner. Do yourself a favor and check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank John H
Morris Plains, New Jersey
“Disappointing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our concierge recommended we try Banana Tree Grille and made us reservations. I was disappointed with the service and the lack of options on the small menu. The servers were snooty and showed little effort. We were not regulars like the other reviewers here, so unfortunately we did not get the royal treatment.

My entree wasn't spectacular but the high cost would have made me think otherwise. If you come here, be prepared to pay some of the highest prices on the island for a mediocre entree from a tiny menu.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael M
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
“The Best Pork & Steak...with a View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

This is a must do when visiting St Thomas. The beat view of the harbor and country side long with the most delightful pork tenderloin... Sarah was glad to see us and her service was superior... Make sure to make a reservation..

1 Thank Bill B