“Banana Tree Grille - St Thomas - AMAZING food and view!”
Review of Banana Tree Grille

Banana Tree Grille
Ranked #30 of 275 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I were married in St Thomas in 200 and try to get back every couple years and one of our favorite spots is to see Liz at the Banana Tree Grille! It is a wonderful place with amazing food! The Gorganzola bread is our appetizer ALWAYS and the filets- you can cut them with a fork! The drinks are amazing too (bushwacker of course) and everyone RAVES about dessert however we never make it that far since we load up on that bread/appetizer each time. Typically we visit the Banana tree twice each trip. This August we only made it there once but it was fabulous! Make it a FOR SURE stop on your next trip- you will NOT be disappointed at all! :-)

1  Thank Nicole S

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Set on a hill in Charlotte Amalie (somewhat hard to find), the Banana Tree Grille offers a wide selection of meals. Seafood is a specialty. The food is good, as is the service, but the prices are overboard. Vouchers are available for deep discounts (from various island promotional programs), but without the big price abatement, I wouldn't eat there.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

After arriving fairly late we decided to eat here and the expensive menu was a sign we should have left. We only had a starter each and a drink, the crab cakes were small and looked like they could have come from the frozen aisle of a supermarket - hardly the quality we expected. The calamari was $3-4 more expensive than at home for the same quality and quantity of food. The service was friendly but the waiter seemed a little dismayed that we only had starters. I wouldn't reccommend this restaurant, there are many more restaurants that charge less or similar for much higher quality food

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food here is expensive and not worth the cost. The lobster was foul. The steak was practically mooing. The veggie stack wasn't bad.. The servers are great though and the view is nice! But I would not go back to eat here.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

About a week ago, went to the Banana Tree for dinner. The special of the night was Swordfish, served on top of a risotto/corn/sundried tomato mixture.....and I must tell you, the fish was cooked to PERFECTION.........the spices, were fantastic, just enough.....and the fish was moist, and flaked apart so nicely I couldn't believe. My friend and I ordered the same thing. Thank god we did, because we would of stolen each others fish!!! I can't say enough good things about the Swordfish. Probably one of the best I've had in all the years i've been dining and I've eaten at some amazing places/cities....by far the best. As alwasy, the service was top notch, wine glass never empty....my wedge with gorganzola and other deliciousness was perfect.....I love restaurants where the quality is kept up year after year. Oh, and another thing on the menu to mention is their free range roasted chicken........normally at a restaurant i'll refrain from chicken since you can 'make that at home". This preparation of a roasted breast/quarter/leg combo is fantastic, served with garlic mashed. Try it, you LOVE it..........