“Great Steak with a Great View”
Review of Banana Tree Grille

Banana Tree Grille
Ranked #30 of 275 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Banana Tree: okay menu, steak was quite good, probably the steak on the island.

Reserved well in advance, but received a non window seat while plenty were available, at sunset it was hot, wait staff didn't have a great reasoning for why we didn't receive a nicer table, even asked what we can do next time to receive one, he was clueless, Wonderful place to watch the cruise ships depart.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is the second time I've had dinner here. The view is terrific overlooking the city and port from a top a hill. The staff is attentive, which isn't always the case in St. Thomas. The food is interesting and good without being pretentious.

1  Thank artbacis
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on fellow traveler's recommendations, and were delighted with our evening.
Our table in the open-air porch had a lovely view across the Charlotte Amalie harbor and adjacent hillsides.
Our waiter was delightful, and offered good recommendations for a delicious meal. The evening was augmented by the jazz pianist's talented live performance. So glad that we came!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We came to Banana Tree because it was highly recommended by a Marriott staff member. The food was average...It came out cold and my son ordered the shrimp seared pasta dish and he could not eat it. First it did not even look fresh and it looked like it sat under the heat lights to long. My husband had the crab stuffed grouper and it was not cook evenly and had some very rare spots in it and he said it was average. I had shrimp and grits the special and the shrimp were cooked to much which made them very chewy . My best friend had the Tuna and it was disappointing as well. We chose not to have dessert and went back to the hotel cafe and had dessert there.
Chris our waiter was very nice and took good care of us. He took the pasta dish off our bill which was very nice. We have been to St.Thomas 3 times and we will not eat at the Banana Tree again.
We are not food snobs or picky people....the food was just disappointing.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

food great service great I gave 3 stars because of price portions small most meal do not include sides they cost 7.50 each. I don't mind spending for a me a l I like cost and quantity to be comparable. happy hour food cost are right for portion size and they tasted great.