All reviews tucked away rainbow beach nature sounds off the beaten path cell phone explore the island ginger butler villa deck rainforest miles beaches leap property sunset croix
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Ginger provides a wonderful place for total relaxation of body, mind and spirit! My husband and I spent 10 days there and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously. The house was very, very clean and comfortable. We loved being able to cook our meals which we enjoyed on the back patio, with a view of the sea! The kitchen was great and well furnished. Once we discovered the outside shower, we never used the inside one again! We appreciated the simple life and being surrounded by all the greenery of the rain forest! We could see how this would really be great for a family with kids, too! We were able to take a 10 minute walk to Butler's bay for a swim or check out the tidal pools just down the street. Frederiksted is only a couple of miles away. Ginger's commitment to green living and sustainability is well felt and appreciated. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Seven members of our family enjoyed a blissful week at Northside Valley. We rented two houses - one for my wife and me and the other for the 5 younger members of the family. We had many wonderful meals at the larger house which has a great porch and patio. You are surrounded by luxuriant nature but the ocean is very accessible. It's a great place to relax and concentrate on what's really important.
St. Croix is very refreshing - beautiful, very laid back, and not crawling with tourists. We're from a small town in Iowa and we felt very at home in Frederiksted - it's a real place, not some pristine, artificial paradise.
Ginger is extremely accommodating and will do everything within her power to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank anamosaboy
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The rooms are actually houses, situated in the rain forest. Nothing fancy but clean and quiet surrounded by lots of green. The owner is very friendly and helpful.

About two miles from town, close enough to go in for dinner

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Starison
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Staying at Northside is like no other vacation I've ever taken. This is THE place to turn off and quiet down. This resort is purposefully low-key, while still being beautiful and very comfortable.
Best sleep I’ve ever gotten has been a week at Norhtside. Sounds of nature are abundant, the beds are so comfortable, and the ocean breezes through the villa screens (on three sides of our building) are a terrific de-tox for this city girl. I felt like I was outside even when I was inside!
Our villa had an outdoor shower (as well as an indoor one) - refreshing under the moonlight was a special treat. We didn’t miss watching TV – the little geckos, ocean, and flowers were more than enough entertainment.
Definitely rent a car, and before you even drive there, stop at the grocery for a few days worth of food. There are amazing beach restaurants nearby and some in Fredricksted, (just a couple minutes drive) but staying nearby really helped us slow down and enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MSC00
Reviewed September 20, 2011

In the last 12 years, I have been back to St. Croix 10 times, staying at Northside Valley each time. I have not traveled all over the world, but I have been to Europe, Canada and all over the US. St. Croix speaks to me in some soft and gentle way like no other place, and I think that is more true when I am on the grounds of Northside Valley. Being in a dense rainforest with views of the Carribean is a beautful experience, but for me, knowing that I walk gently on the earth on a vacation makes me feel good. All of the villas have their own charm, so any one can fit your fancy. Close your eyes and think paradise in a jungle and see how that feels. If it feels good, Northside Valley is the place for you. The true nature of the island reveals itself when you come in the gate and also when you hear the sounds and see the simplicity of the villas. I am always reminded of what it takes to carve out a paradise in the jungle when I see the vegetation bounce back after a rainfall-sheer beauty. Read the other reviews for good tips on how to make your stay even more enjoyable. I will simply delight in the memories and hope you will too!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends