“Our honeymoon”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Caribe Suite

Enjoy the breeze
Utility and Laundry room right inside those doors entry porch welcomes you to the suite
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Enjoy the breeze
Utility and Laundry room right inside those doors
entry porch welcomes you to the suite
A few minutes walk off property brings you here. you here.
Relax here in the evenings
Another view
Take a  late night swim
Sweet dreams
In the garden
Fully equipped for your convenience
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Janean W
“Our honeymoon”
Reviewed October 29, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My husband and I spent our honeymoon with Betty (Jerry was out of town). This suite was absolutely the most perfect place on earth to slow down and enjoy the beauty of the world around us and the amazing people God puts in our lives. We could not have asked for better hosts. We feel like we found a friend on an island that we will definitely return to visit regularly. Thank you for giving us such unconditional privacy and for providing EXACTLY what you advertise. Betty, you are one of the kindest people we have ever met.

PS. We might want a copy of that security video footage just for kicks and giggles.

Date of stay: October 2016
Oct 30, 2016
Hi again to you Happy Honeymooners,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I sure loved having you as guests. We wish all visitors were as free spirited and content as you are. Hey don't worry about the video footage. It's probably gone by now. Would love to see great people like you again. Thanks so much for being so delightful.
Betty
patricia...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“This place is really cute, and full of beautiful foliage.”
Reviewed February 2, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

As soon as we got to our suite Betty showed us around. We fell in love with the place. Our hosts Betty and Gerry were wonderful. The beach is really close and nice. We were well taken care of.Our bed was made every day, and.our sheets smelled so fresh when we arrived. We even got shaperoned to the backery and grocery store, That was so helpful because we didn't know our way around yet. All and all it was an awsome vacation. I would definetly recommend this place. For nature lovers it is heaven.

Date of stay: January 2016
Traveling group: Friends
Feb 3, 2016
Thank you so much Pat for the wonderful review
regards,
Betty
Karen A
Bowie, Maryland, United States
“Wonderful Vacation Suite with Beautiful Views and Pool”
Reviewed December 11, 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

The Caribe Suite is a beautiful, spacious open apartment with a gorgeous wraparound porch. The porch looks out over lush grounds, landscaped with all the rich tropical plants and trees native to the island. There is a full kitchen, stocked with whatever pots and pans you need for cooking plus a full sized refrigerator.

The pool is beautiful and perfect for an early morning (or anytime) swim. There are tables and chairs by the pool, so you can drink your coffee and listen to the birds then swim a few laps. There are many beaches right near by.

Betty and Jerry do a great job keeping everything in tip-top shape, the apartment is clean and very well taken care of. Betty is extremely resourceful and was able to answer all our questions.

Date of stay: December 2015
Jean P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The best accomodations, amenties, and service to be found”
Reviewed December 4, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

This vacation spot is truly a taste of paradise. The Caribe Suite was very attractive and ultra
clean. The swimming pool area was a place I could have spent the entire day it was so
conducive for relaxation. The proprietors were friendly,professional ,and totally accessible
to their guests' requests or needs.
I would highly recommend Caribe Suites for anyone interested in an unforgettable vacation!!

Date of stay: October 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lush surroundings, the service and proximity to points of interest.
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Dec 4, 2015
Thank you so much Jean. I am glad that you really enjoyed your stay.
Shaman1lo...
“"AN OASIS IN PARADISE'”
Reviewed December 4, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

The lush flora surrounding the wrap around deck of the Caribe Suite is simply breath taking!!! Imagine if you will....Waking up after resting comfortably in a beautiful Sleigh Bed
and within a few steps enjoying a Morning cup of fresh juice, java or tea as one looks out
into the Beautiful flowering flora of the Island. All while sitting on the top floor of the wrap around deck of the Caribe Suite...Simply put ....Paradise Rediscovered !!!!!!!
This well appointed Suite offers all the amenities as well as a Beautiful interior floor plan.
My family simply Loves this Place!!! Totally private with Breath-taking grounds and a Beautiful in-ground pool. If you and yours desires "CALM WINDS AND GENTLE SEAS"
........THEN SUGARHILL BY THE SEA IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO DROP ANCHOR !!

Date of stay: September 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The tranquility and teauty of the grounds...a mere walk to the beach
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Dec 4, 2015
Thank you doctor. My greatest joy is when the visitor loves St. Croix and loves the suites. I look to see you all again.
Pam D
Kansas City, Missouri
“This was a Tropical Paradise!”
Reviewed November 30, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

I fell in love with the Caribe Suite the moment I walked in the door! The views were breathtaking! The rental itself looked like something straight out of a designer magazine! Not only was it sparkling clean but the service provided by the hosts was excellent. If you love beauty and comfort than this is the place for you! I will always return to this "piece of heaven on earth" over and over again!

Date of stay: November 2015
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Dec 1, 2015
Pam,
Thank you so much for this sparkling review. When it comes to the vacation rentals, my greatest joy is when guests love being in the suite and enjoy their daily adventures on the island.
DCTravele...
Arlington, Virginia
“Beware! Lacking privacy”
Reviewed November 22, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

Arrived and was promptly greeted by the suite owner who gave us a brief tour of the condo. There is a view of the backyard/ garden, NO sea view of view of the pool. There was a lovely woman rating the downstairs apartment but we barely saw her. It's more of a 10 min walk down a large hill to get to the beach, but then there's the issue of climbing back up when you want to return home. Also, the road to get there is very rough. We rented a Nissan car and had just a little trouble navigating the driveway to where we stayed but made it out without a flat. There is a door between the toilet and the bed but it offered no privacy at all I don't know what the point of it was, a curtain would have offered the same sound proofing and less of a view inside.
The first evening we returned home to find all the lights we turned off before we left now on, and the fan off- scary. I asked the owners if they had been in the unit as we had no prior knowledge that they would be entering after we went for dinner. I was informed that they would be entering everyday with or without our consent at any point- Also scary. They said it was for housekeeping but even as I said we would only be there for 3 days and did not plan on making any meals and would really prefer to manage on our own (no safe in the unit), this was refused. I felt uncomfortable leaving and not knowing what or who I would come back to. And rightly so, as I was packing my things to leave I found that someone had gone into my luggage and put a hair dryer inside!? What? Why would that be Okay? Wow. Extremely invasive and totally inappropriate. I had cash and other belongings that I had nowhere else to keep but to take with me anytime I wanted to leave. I don't have any reviews about the kitchen accept maybe the cracked glasses that were left for us to use, I did not spend any time in there.
The bed had A LOT of sand in it which made me feel like they had not changed the sheets or washed the comforter in a long time- gross. I understand the beach is sandy, but how does that happen before you even get there to bring it back into your freshly made bed? And they were never changed by any housekeeping, nor was anything (besides my luggage) attended to during our stay. There are so many other places to stay and I would choose any of those for your visit to Frederiksted.

Date of stay: November 2015
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Patio
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Nov 24, 2015
First of all we never promised a view of the pool; as you can walk across the courtyard and red bridge and be at the pool. The first evening that the guest from Arlington was here they put their luggage down, turned on all the fans and left. At sunset my husband went up and turned the fans off as no one was in the apartment. He put on the porch light and an interior light in the kitchen was turned on so that the guest could see how to safely re-enter the suite. All of the guests prior to this one were well pleased with the services that we provided and bragged in their reviews about how well we attended to them and the suite.
The guest wrote an email issuing orders that I let her know anytime that we would be entering the suite. I responded telling her that we would be going into the apartment on a daily basis for housekeeping purposes. As the owner, my policy is to make sure that everything is kept clean and comfortable for the guests.
The guest is mistaken no one had gone into her suitcase to leave a dryer there. We do not dole out hair dryers to the guests. Another mistake that was made by the guest is that there was sand in the bed.
Each time before a guest arrives I personally do the laundry for the bedding. I had washed and dried the sheets and washed and dried the comforter. I also press all of the bedding with a steam iron. So, there was nothing wrong with the bedding.
Anyone reading all of the other reviews before this young lady came along will get the idea. She was very rude and demanding and blatantly lying about sand and filthy bedding, portraying THE UGLY AMERICAN, to the hilt
My deepest sympathies go out to any other hosts who are unfortunate enough to have this person as a guest!!!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing