“Short and pretty boring”

Diageo's Captain Morgan Rum Distillery
Ranked #28 of 41 things to do in Frederiksted
Reviewed September 19, 2014

I was so excited to go see how rum was made. I usually love these types of tours.
In the welcoming area, there were banners with a lot of reading if you wanted to know the history of St Croix and Captain Morgan's rum. I did want to know but I just didn't feel like all that reading while with my friends.
The "movie" was mostly a collection of old commercials for 15 minutes. It was entertaining but too long.
The actual tour was the most disappointing. I have no idea what the guide was talking about and neither did anyone else in our group. It was very short - maybe 15 minutes.
The rum punches at the end were nice.
The visitor's center is very modern, clean and nice.
I wouldn't recommend this.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"lesson"
"box"

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I thought we would learn more about Captain Morgan's rum, but it really seemed like a long commercial about Captain Morgan's rum. The up side, good rum drinks after the short tour.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We made a stop at the Captain Morgan Distillery during a recent cruise. It was a short tour. Our tour guide tried to make it interesting, but there wasn't a lot of visual help. The outside tour just showed a lot of big metal containers and talked us through the process. The drinks at the end of the tour were good and they give recipes for the drinks. Even though the tour was a disappointment, the rum is still good!

1  Thank jkrk
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I would rather watch paint dry. Your told to read like 6 6' poster of the history and they have like 4 sections of it then a cheap 10 min video then a boring ride we sniff some bottles of alcohol then drink samples of rum. Don't waste your time!!!!!!!

2  Thank hipgyal
See more reviews
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The Captain Morgan tour... showed a movie to start (more like a long commercial), let us look around the visitor center, then took us on a tram around some sealed vats. We were able to smell the three fazes of rum from a small jar. The tour ended with two drink chips at their tasting bar & a pass through their gift shop. Very technical & non-personal compared to Cruzan's tour.

1  Thank Anonymous776