“Great Beach Spot from Cruise Port”

Teres Veho Limin Beach Cafe and Stand Up Paddle
Reviewed June 19, 2014

When docked in Frederiksted while on a cruise, just walk off the ship (ignore all the taxi drivers offering rides), bear left thru the market area with vendors selling crafts and follow the paved/cement path along the water to Teres Veho. You can't miss it as there is a sign on the beach and it's the first commercial place you come to. There you can rent chairs and an umbrella, stand-up paddle boards, snorkeling gear, etc. They give a free on-land paddle board lesson and rent for an hour or a half hour if requested (they take credit cards). They have drink specialsand other discounts if you rent the chairs and umbrella and we decided they had the best rum punch in the Caribbean at a fantastic price! There is a good beachy restaurant directly next door where we had some awesome fish tacos but they did not offer the discounted price on the rum punch (and they weren't as good) so be sure to get your rum punch from the Teres Veho guys who walk the beach setting up the chairs and taking drink orders! They are cheaper and much better! The beach is a little rocky in places so we wore water shoes. It was an easy and relaxing way to spend a day in St. Croix.

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank clairemI3677WS

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We loooooooooove this place! Our favorite in all Saint Croix! Delicious, VERY TASTY food... Relaxing right by the beach! Live tropical music! Ice cold drinks! People that work here are the best! Ooooh...how I wish I was there right now :-(

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were on a port stop in Frederiksted and wandered up the beach to Teres Veho. What a pleasant surprise. The beer was cheap and ice cold. The servers were quick and friendly. The atmosphere was outstanding. And then.... the music started. The reggae band High Hopes was in town from Boston and they began playing around noon. Their music only added to the experience. All were enjoying the time at Teres Veho, locals and tourists alike. Well worth the walk up the beach.

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank JChB64
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This little bar is a short walk from the cruise pier in Fredricksted. I stopped here on the way to Rainbow Beach and was really surprised to find a prestine beach with a good beach bar so close to the ship. I hadn't read much on La Grange but I was pleasantly surprise. Great bartender, great view and great drinks!

Date of experience: October 2013
See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I can't say enough about this beach cafe and surf shop. First, I rented paddle boards for myself and my two boys. The man, who helped us was so nice. He gave us a great lesson considering it was our first time trying paddle boarding out. It was so fun, relaxing and beautiful. I really enjoyed paddle boarding and can't wait to do it again!! The location Of Teres Veho is one of my favorite spots on the island. It is so beautiful with the pier right by. You can paddle board right up to the pier which is very cool. The water was so calm and clear you could see to the bottom of what had to be 20 feet deep water. We went just before sunset so it was absolutely breath taking beautiful! The shop that rents out the paddle boards, snorkels and a few other water activities was so colorful and rustic. It was super cool. They had a skateboard ramp that was being used by several kids and young adults. The restaurant that is connected had great food! Excellent menu with a great variety of food. The owner of the shop is from Michigan, like me, and he had a rat terrier, like me. Making him even more of a rock star to us. He is living the dream! My dream at least!!! Yogi (I think that was his name) was a cute dog, we love him! I will be back and when I do I will go directly to this beach surf shop and cafe! I really recommend checking it out if you are lucky enough to go to St. Croix!!

Date of experience: June 2013