“My favorite dive ever - a must do for divers!”

N2theBlue Scuba Diving
Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Frederiksted
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving with N2theBlue! N2theBlue specializes in small scuba groups and we limit our boat to 6 divers for that personal experience -- featuring: The Pier, the Wall, Wrecks, Reefs, Night Dives, Boat Dives, Nitrox, and Shore Dive Rental Gear -- N2theBlue dives more sites on the west and has a second location servicing the Wall & Salt River Canyon. Want to try scuba diving? ½ day introductory course for beginners gets you in the water the same day. N2theBlue is a full service PADI scuba diving center with rental gear, air fills, and Nitrox. Located 100 steps from the Frederiksted cruise ship pier.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have done about 20 dives, and my boyfriend about 35, and both from a service as well as the diver experience, this was one of the best diving experiences we had. The dive was fantastic for a few reasons:
1) Both Jenny and Anne take pictures during the dive, which serves as a fantastic memory after the fact. While other dive shops will let you rent underwater cameras, here, they use professional quality cameras to capture your memories. On top of that, they're also both really talented photographers, so you end up with incredible shots. The best part of all? They don't try to sell you the photos, they simply post them on their facebook group, free to review / download at your leisure. Amazing.

2) They let us dive as long as our tanks permitted, so if there were beginners in the group (or those who used oxygen faster), they would send them up earlier, while you could continue your dive until you reached your own stopping point. This resulted in one of my longer dives (70 minutes), and the shallow pier dive was over 90 minutes. Fantastic value.

3) The underwater life is amazing. We had fantastic experiences on all of our dives (we did 5 in total), but the night dive was one of my favorite dives ever. Jenny and her husband were able to spot all kinds of crazy life that we would have otherwise missed. We saw several octopuses, including a baby one that was no larger than a ping pong ball, a carabean reef squid, several porcupine fish (including a big one, about the size of a beach ball), several sea horses, four different types of eel, a trumpetfish (?), a crab, a shovel-nosed lobster, a spiny lobster, and a large manta ray in the distance. I'll post a few pictures if I can find them. Overall, an incredible dive. If you're there at night, the night dive at the pier is a must-do.

Finally, they also gave us all diving computers to borrow during the day dives, to ensure that we weren't under water / top deep for too long. Needless to say, highly recommended overall. If you plan on going diving (or if you weren't planning on it but you're open to learning), definitely go with N2 the Blue!

3  Thank NicoleJana
in 7 reviews
"the reefs"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed December 30, 2013

S.t Croix was one of the ports on our cruise ship itinerary and after reading the reviews here, we decided to dive with N2 The Blue when we docked the week of Christmas. We are so happy we chose them. We had 6 people in our party (two snorkelers, two newly certified divers, and two fairly experienced divers) which meant we had a boat to ourselves. Jenny went out of her way to make the new divers feel comfortable and to ease their nervousness on their first post certification Caribbean dive. She also gave very good instruction to the snorkelers - where to go, how to signal the boat captain if needed, etc. This helped put the four of us divers at ease knowing they were being taken care of as we descended to start our dive. Jenny is fun, friendly, professional and safety conscious. The dive was easy which was perfect for our party and we saw a lot of marine life. I am sorry I cannot recall the name of the boat captain who helped all of us with gear, getting in and out of the water, and everything else we needed but he was awesome as well - friendly, easy going, just a lot of fun. The dives we did at other ports did not compare to N2 The Blue. I wish we all could have stayed at St. Croix and done all of our dives there. Maybe next year? Here's hoping! Thank you, Jenny, for a wonderful time!

1  Thank Love2Travel201111
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I've just finished up 3 days of diving over Christmas with N2 The Blue. It was my first time to St. Croix and I really didn't know what to expect of the diving or the operator. I have to say, I was really, really impressed with both. And being a Divemaster myself, I think I hold dive shops to a pretty high standard.

N2 The Blue has 2 small boats which can hold about 6 divers each, which I found really nice. No cattle cars and it wasn't crowded in the water at all. Our dive guide for the 3 days was Paul, and I consider him to be one of the best DMs I have come across in my years of diving in the caribbean. He is extremely attentive to safety protocols, and at the same time gives enough latitude to seasoned divers so that it doesn't feel constrained. My girlfriend came out with us on a couple of dives, and Paul was very good with her in understanding she was a newer diver and had been out of the water for some time. He made her feel very comfortable and I thought he did an excellent job in balancing his approach to cater to both experienced and inexperienced divers.

Sites I dove were Alien Nation, Shallow Wrecks, Frederiksted Pier, and Salt River. All were excellent dives. Saw nurse sharks, black tip reef sharks, lots of stingrays, turtles, and even seahorses. Paul let me try my hand at spearing lionfish as well. While I wasn't as good with a speargun, it was lots of fun!

The shop has recently been taken over by new owners (Kirk and Sean). Both of them were extremely service oriented and went well out of their way to make sure the experience with N2 The Blue was fantastic. Honestly, I couldn't even tell they were new owners by the way they integrated with the other staff. And their staff speak very highly of them which to me is telling.

Anyhow, I would highly recommend diving in St. Croix and would highly recommend diving with N2 The Blue if you do. They are a great dive operation and I plan to come back and dive with them again.

Thanks guys!

1  Thank Canuck7070
Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you love scuba diving, you will love diving with Jenny at N2 the Blue. Small six-pack operation that is simply the best we have yet to experience. New owners are making the transition flawlessly. We WILL be back, often!

2  Thank stcroix2