The old saying, "you get what you pay for" really rings true at Cottages by the Sea. I returned home last evening after 29 blissful days on the west end of St. Croix...all spent languishing in the sun, on the sand at Cottages by the Sea. The weather was fabulous! Less humid than other Caribbean Islands I've visited. We experienced only one day of showers. Hot and breezy each and every day.
This is what I was looking for;
Lodging so close to the shore that I could fall asleep listening to gentle surf, air conditioned quarters if the need arose, a kitchen where I could dash up from the beach to make a sandwich, a television to keep me entertained, as I wasn't there for the island nightlife, a comfortable bed with a decent mattress, daily maid service, a marvelous sea view and moderate prices.
I received all that and much more! The owner/manager, Paul could not have been nicer or more accommodating. I truly enjoyed his company and his warm willingness to please. He gave me a key to his office so I could use the computer after business hours and greeted us when we returned from the restaurants with, "Welcome home." A terrific guy who was always visible and available. At first glance, many of the cottages will appear sparse, dated and in need of refurbishing, but after all, they are beach cottages and to know them is to love them. I can't say enough about the towels! They were generous in size, high quality, abundant and white as can be. Cottage life is barefoot relaxation and ultra casual. You'll feel comfortable socializing or keeping to yourself. There is a coin operated washing machine, two big clothes lines, 3 gas grills, an outdoor shower and books galore that can be borrowed onsite. Many locals feel the beach is the best on the island and I can vouch for it. To literally step out of bed and on to the sand is what dreams are made of. The sunsets on the west end are breathtaking and we had a front row seat. Rental car parking was never a problem and there is a restaurant next door serving lunch and dinner.
Who could want for more? You must give this affordable, "sure fire winner" a try, I've already reserved 5 weeks next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1949, Cottages by the Sea is a family owned and operated, beachfront, boutique hotel, located just south of the town of Frederiksted on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. Our goal is to provide our guests with a quiet, friendly, relaxed, truly authentic Caribbean beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Cottages By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages By The Sea Hotel Frederiksted
- Cottages By The Sea St. Croix/Frederiksted