This was our second annual trip to St. Croix and this year was even better than the last. Last year we stayed at The Buccaneer which was very nice but, we wanted to be able to make our own meals and we wanted to be on the West End of the Island for the amazing beaches. Cottages definitely did not disappoint!. We stayed in Cowry Shell which is actually promoted as being 40 steps from the beach. To be honest, I don't think the distance matters as every cottage is essentially "on the beach". Don't let this be a concern when booking your room. It is a smaller cottage but, the kitchen is fully equppped with everything that you need and the beds and bathroom are very comfortable and clean. We met some amazing people and enjoyed lounging on the beach in addition to taking a daily bike ride with the free bikes provided by the hotel. The restaurant located next door had good drinks and food and offered amazing views of the island. We plan to return again next year and will definitely be staying at The Cottages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1949, Cottages by the Sea is a family owned and operated, beachfront, boutique hotel, located just south of the town of Frederiksted on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. Our goal is to provide our guests with a quiet, friendly, relaxed, truly authentic Caribbean beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Cottages By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages By The Sea Hotel Frederiksted
- Cottages By The Sea St. Croix/Frederiksted