We typically don't go to the same place twice for vacation - there is a lot of world to see! The Cottages, however, were idyllic for my family. We stayed in the Commodore and had ample space. They totally take care of you - even before you arrive. Our room had a bottle of rum and two cokes waiting for us. They greeted us upon arrival (and it was late) and gave us a tour of the grounds. The place is family owned and they are always available for advice or any of your needs. I'm not a fan of the sun so sitting under the coconut trees watching my kids play in the sun and sand was perfect. You are on a less touristy side of the island but that doesn't make a difference. You should rent a car if you want to explore the entire island. If you're there just for snorkelling/scuba, you could probably get away with a cab. Since the Cottages have all the kitchen amenities, I'd definitely pack your own food to bring with you. Groceries are expensive on the island (like REALLY expensive) so bring your own cereal, rice, peanut butter, etc. Next trip we're bringing an entire suitcase of food. We're going back again and cannot wait!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1949, Cottages by the Sea is a family owned and operated, beachfront, boutique hotel, located just south of the town of Frederiksted on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. Our goal is to provide our guests with a quiet, friendly, relaxed, truly authentic Caribbean beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Cottages By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages By The Sea Hotel Frederiksted
- Cottages By The Sea St. Croix/Frederiksted